Well played...

Started by mirth, September 24, 2017, 09:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Props to the professor for being a good sport about it as well.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

lol. I wonder if he also brought a 'backup' 3"x5" card in just in case. I would guess yes.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

trailrunner

I was taking a physics final.  The prof said no notes, but the test was open book.  I always wrote notes in my books, and I would write key equations and constants inside the covers for handy reference.

So I'm sitting in the exam, and the prof is walking around.  He comes up to one kid, and proclaims in a loud voice: "You have notes written all over your book!  That's NOT what I meant when I said open book.  I said NO NOTES!  Now give me your exam.  You test is over: you failed."

At that point I quietly closed my book.  I am proud to say that I never cheated in school, and it wasn't my intent to cheat on that exam because I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, but I guess the prof disagreed.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 24, 2017, 09:31:23 AM
Props to the professor for being a good sport about it as well.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like your typical professor:

Quote"Appreciating the fact that (a) [the student] had the intelligence to realize this shortcoming and (b) the audacity to actually put this together and bring it in, there was no reason to not allow him to use it," the professor said.