Main Menu

Viral purchases

Started by jamus34, March 13, 2020, 02:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I must be great a predicating the future and situations like this.....

Probably for the past 10 years I have bought a ton of games, hoarded them, barely and if ever played them, just for moments like this where I need to bunker down:)  With the amount on the backlog, pretty sure I am good for the next 100 years....

Martok

There are no games/DLC on the immediate horizon for me, aside from something on one of my wishlists going on sale.  I believe the soonest-to-be-released title I'm looking forward to getting (with an actual announced release date) is the remastered Command & Conquer, and that's not until June. 

In the meantime, it's not as if I don't have a ridiculous backlog of games to keep me busy.  O:-) 

Quote from: Toonces on March 13, 2020, 08:26:50 PM
I bought a vintage Citizen Aqualand dive watch from ebay.  I'm pretty stoked; I've been looking for this version at the right price for a while now.
I feel like there just aren't enough dials crammed into it.  It's like they're not even trying.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Toonces

Chernobyl was really good, I highly recommend it.

Speaking of Chernobyl, I still have all of Stalker and Metro 2033 to get through...

And...I did indeed start reading The Stand again last night.  Like putting on a well-worn pair of jeans and Uggs.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Thanks, Airboy.

JH, did your dad leave you the watch after he passed?

I picked up all of my dad's watches enroute to San Diego from my mom's house in NJ.  I actually don't remember my dad ever wearing a watch, so none of them have any real significance, other than the fact that they were his.  And, they're all Timex's.  So very much like him LOL.

I've been thinking that as a retirement gift to myself, I'm going to pick up a really nice watch.  Probably not a Rolex, but maybe a Tudor (a Pelagos or Black Bay for any watch nerds out there), or a Doxa.  It would be the one watch to rule them all, and at some point be passed down to one of my children when I'm gone. 

Anyway, back to your scheduled Coronavirus gaming discussion.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

WYBaugh

Definitely a Doxa...just classic.

SirAndrewD

Anyone know of any good Toilet Paper simulators?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

steve58

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 14, 2020, 02:38:33 PM

...and thats assuming you can find the gloves  >:D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bobarossa

In the US that used to be called the Sears Roebuck catalog.

Gusington

I don't know what kind of tp you freaks use but the above looks like a really BAD tp sim.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on March 14, 2020, 12:11:48 PM
Thanks, Airboy.

JH, did your dad leave you the watch after he passed?

I picked up all of my dad's watches enroute to San Diego from my mom's house in NJ.  I actually don't remember my dad ever wearing a watch, so none of them have any real significance, other than the fact that they were his.  And, they're all Timex's.  So very much like him LOL.

I've been thinking that as a retirement gift to myself, I'm going to pick up a really nice watch.  Probably not a Rolex, but maybe a Tudor (a Pelagos or Black Bay for any watch nerds out there), or a Doxa.  It would be the one watch to rule them all, and at some point be passed down to one of my children when I'm gone. 

Anyway, back to your scheduled Coronavirus gaming discussion.

My mom still has it. She will give it to me if I want it, but I won't wear it. I will take it eventually.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

I suppose that's just one of those things the virtual world can't replicate

Sir Slash

There should be some way to combine the really good TP sim with one of Toonces fancy watches. In a hygene-appropriate manner of course.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on March 14, 2020, 06:14:02 PM
I don't know what kind of tp you freaks use but the above looks like a really BAD tp sim.

Hm, seen a few games that involve that though. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

AchillesLastStand

Picked up Civilization 4 complete edition for 7.50 on Steam and may get Aggressors Ancient Rome on Slitherine for 9 bucks, other than that possibly Panzer Corps 2 and Bannerlord towards the end of the month.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on March 15, 2020, 11:46:30 PM
Picked up Civilization 4 complete edition for 7.50 on Steam and may get Aggressors Ancient Rome on Slitherine for 9 bucks, other than that possibly Panzer Corps 2 and Bannerlord towards the end of the month.

+1 on Bannerlord...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.