Main Menu

Viral purchases

Started by jamus34, March 13, 2020, 02:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

So is anyone planning on buying anything (regardless of pricing or potential sale) as the nation prepares to hunker down for the next 2-4 weeks? 

Been waiting for Outer Worlds to hit steam. Might break down and get on Epic.

If not that might grab Civ 6 expansions.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Haha!  Good idea for a thread.  I'm not planning on getting anything but if any item on my wishlist goes on sale it would be nice if it did so during a mandatory quarantine.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bobarossa

I've probably got a dozen games that got good reviews that I haven't touched yet.  Doubt I need more.

Rayfer

Quote from: jamus34 on March 13, 2020, 02:21:55 PM
So is anyone planning on buying anything (regardless of pricing or potential sale) as the nation prepares to hunker down for the next 2-4 weeks? 

Been waiting for Outer Worlds to hit steam. Might break down and get on Epic.

If not that might grab Civ 6 expansions.

Funny you should ask. In my ongoing effort to justify a full purchase new game, I realized with the virus stuff going on my wife and I are not eating out at restaurants or going to the movie theaters so that alone should justify getting Tiller's Panzer Battles North Africa 1941 at $39.99.   

airboy

I bought the new Midway movie on DVD.

I also bought the first complete season of Doom Patrol that I'm watching with my wife.

Toonces

I blew all my gaming money on a new watch.   ::)

But...I have a pretty significant backlog of games, and then there's always that WitP:AE modding I was thinking of doing...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^I am shocked and appalled.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WYBaugh

Toonces, what did you buy?

Toonces

I bought a vintage Citizen Aqualand dive watch from ebay.  I'm pretty stoked; I've been looking for this version at the right price for a while now.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

It doesn't seem to have many app icon showing on the home screen...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

That is a watch of a Real Man[tm].

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Staggerwing, you make Toonces sad.   :-\

airboy

I hope the watch makes you happy for many years to come.

Jarhead0331

The one possession my dad had that he treasured most was a vintage Rolex he got sometime in the 1970s. He loved that god damn watch and wore it to the day he died.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Phantom

I suspect it may be more than 2 - 4 weeks. Fortunately I find myself spectacularly equipped* for potential isolation. All of Chernobyl and half of Gomorrah mini-series to watch, and an ongoing project to print out all of the 2019/20 NFL teams to play updated Statis Pro to fill the NFL off-season.
Only downside (aside from widespread economic chaos & unprecedented health threat) is it looks like the family's April holiday in Spain may be doomed. Bummer.

Roll on summer.

*...plus of course the 20+ Steam "bargains" I've not played yet :-)