Hey Batter Batter Swing.... Out of the Park Baseball '20

Started by ArizonaTank, March 21, 2019, 05:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Out of the Park Baseball '20 Release is tomorrow...love this game...even though year to year improvements are only incremental...  Of course every year they also have updated MLB rosters.

I am a baseball history kind of guy, so I usually just play historical games.  OOPB has a wonderful set of historical rosters and mechanics. The 1906 World Series is my recent mini-obsession.

So I don't buy it for the new rosters. But I do love the incremental improvements to the package every year.

I will be opening my wallet tomorrow on opening day. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/831980/Out_of_the_Park_Baseball_20/

1906, Chicago Cubs vs. the Chicago White Sox. Tinker to Evers to Chance.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

sandman2575

I played very little of ootp 19. Not really sure why, because I love this franchise. Will buy 20, if only to support the game's continued development.

edit -- hmm, according to Steam, I played 29 hours of ootp 19, which is more than I would've guessed.

No subsequent version of the game has managed to absorb me as completely as ootp 14 did. I don't know how many hours I sunk into it. Way more than 29, I'm sure!

Grim.Reaper

I have bought all versions and probably in total did not spend more than 10 hours playing them all even though very nice game.  The only version where I really played it a lot was like version 6...it was before it exploded with a million options and huge universe....maybe sometimes simple is better:(

KyzBP

Get into an online league.  I'm in a league that sims everyday.  It's super fun and the seasons go by fairly quick.  Most of all I've gotten way more out of the game than whatever money I spent.

JasonPratt

I haven't played a baseball game since the Commodore 64. I'm only here because the title made me grin: my brother's fraternity in University of Tennessee Knoxville were the semi-official hecklers of the college baseball matches! They were REAAALLLLYYY organized about it, being business majors I guess. As a reward, the coach would send them boxes of free pizza at the 5th inning every game.

On days with good weather if I didn't have anything more specific to do, I'd go out to enjoy the show.   :D They were never filthy or super-insulting about it, mainly they were trying to be funny for everyone and make the other team laugh, too. Just, y'know, strategically.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: KyzBP on March 22, 2019, 04:04:24 AM
Get into an online league.  I'm in a league that sims everyday.  It's super fun and the seasons go by fairly quick.  Most of all I've gotten way more out of the game than whatever money I spent.

That sounds very interesting. I may try that
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

ArizonaTank

I just noticed one of the new features:

LIVE services - start a new MLB game any day during the regular season with up-to-date rosters, standings, stats and player ratings, or to update player ratings in your current game based on their current performances.

That is something I will probably use a lot.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"