Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

parone

again, I find the delays so much more tolerable now that I am waiting for the sword of domocles(spelling?) to fall on my neck...

byrdman57

Sorry for the stale last turn, I can't tell time.

I should be able to get my next turn in this evening. After that, I'll be out of town this weekend and won't be able to get another turn in until Sunday evening.

On a side note, I'm finding myself very busy and unable to complete turns in the 3 games I have going. If no one objects, I would like to find a sub to fill in my position for me. Perhaps one of the players eliminated earlier would like to hop back in?

Yskonyn

I didnt see you stale...
I thought you made it.

I understand life can be busy. A sub would be nicer than going AI.
I'll delay the turn timer.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: byrdman57 on July 18, 2013, 03:59:04 PM
Sorry for the stale last turn, I can't tell time.

Man.. I did it twice in a row!  Good thing I'm just a peaceful corpse farmer!

After all the past extensions, it seems to pass by so quickly now that it's on a 2-day timer again.  I forgot to check in time.

Yskonyn

Err.. we might be having a problem here.
The new turn was due this afternoon, but it didn't send in one. Some of us need to still send in their turn.
The duedate has been passed according to the time shown for the next push... why it didnt send something is anyone's guess...
Or did you pause hosting, Jason?

ANyway I'll delay a bit more to make sure we dont stale.

EDIT: Llama seems to have taken a dump. I dont even get my confirmation email after submitting the turn and the delay order does not seem to register... :S

JasonPratt

Hm. No, it wasn't me; I don't even know how to pause hosting! (That would be handy for long vacation periods like we're currently having.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

parone

llama has problems.  he estimates a legit attempt to fix them in about 10 hours :)

parone

im getting a few messages from llama now.

apparently the turn hosted without my turn, as it says '2h out of order, turn sent was for turn 50, we are now on turn 51'

may happen to a few of us

Yskonyn

Happened to me as well. Proper Llama spam here!

parone

ysk-

yeah, I've gotten 12 messages about 'wrong 2h'

but I have NOT gotten my turn file, even though it has hosted

not sure what to do here....

Yskonyn

Yeah the system keeps spamming me as well...
I reckon we give it 24 more hours, then force a rehost and see what happens. Perhaps Llama is still busy?
No sure why it keeps on sending out those messages.

parone

if you just request turn resend, you'll get your turn and the spam will stop(at least, it did for me)

may have to delay until everyone gets this sorted out.

parone

do we still need a new midguard player or is the byrd back in?

Nefaro

Hrmm.. I've received nothing in awhile.  Not even the latest.  I suppose at least one turn was missed.

My concerns about a game update in the middle of a PBEM may have been warranted.  Or Murphy just shows up when alluded to.

???