Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

nef-did you request a resend?

i'll go do it for you.  I had to ask for a resend before I got my latest turn.

Nefaro

Quote from: parone on July 23, 2013, 08:53:38 PM
nef-did you request a resend?

i'll go do it for you.  I had to ask for a resend before I got my latest turn.

I just got it.  May have missed a second turn in there, however.  :-\

Nefaro

So who all has armies of god-like Supercombatants that shoot fire & lightning cocktail tsunamis across the whole battlefield by now? 

I expect the large amount of magic research is shifting things into Ludicrous Speed at this point?

parone

better delay again, Ysk, no turn from mudguard... :'(

Yskonyn

I'll delay once more.
Is that byrdman? He is looking for a sub isnt he?

I have no clue about the status of your empires (all players still active), but might it be an option to just proclaim a victor and end the game?
Caelum is in no position to win, Byrdman needs a sub... how are the rest of you doing?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

parone

no clear winner, C'tis(me!!) is in good shape.  Bogarus is pretty powerful and I think the best magic nation left.  Pangea is huge and numerous.

that said, I have no problem ending the game at this point.  there need be no winner declared.

OR...

I also have no problem continuing on.  I've actually never been this far up the tech tree in my life, so i'm having fun summoning various(useless) stuff...

Yskonyn

I'll go by the masses.
Turn is extended another 48 hrs. Please leave a sign of life, guys. We need to get going again.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

parone

haerdalus from DOOOM may be willing to sub... :)

parone

we are saved!!  haerdalus is in as mid guard!!!!  ysk, you'll be getting his email shortly! :) ;) :D ;D 8)

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 27, 2013, 08:31:19 AM
I'll delay once more.
Is that byrdman? He is looking for a sub isnt he?

I have no clue about the status of your empires (all players still active), but might it be an option to just proclaim a victor and end the game?
Caelum is in no position to win, Byrdman needs a sub... how are the rest of you doing?

I'm pretty sure I won't win this game, despite having some time to consolidate and try to get my situation back in line with how I had hoped it would be at this late point. 

My initial selection of the wrong Pretender file has kinda crippled my income for quite some time now and I'm just starting to get a handle on improving it but I fear that I'm probably too far behind in that and magic research to be much but a large speed bump in the end game.   While Pangaea can still be a pain for someone, I gotta feeling I'm outmatched in some areas and have fallen behind due to bad scale choices.

I'm all for continuing on to get a better picture of who the dominate nation is, however.  I don't think it's all that clear cut just yet, despite a couple forerunners. 

We should probably keep the turn cycle extended further out to three or fours days now that the game has matured to such late game proportions.  I don't know about others but my turns are taking me about 45 minutes to get everything done & rechecked, which is a bit of a time commitment if someone is busy with other things.  I think my last one was nearly an hour.  I'm glad Dom4 will have the option to have your units repeat the same command every turn!

Yskonyn

Good! Thanks Haerdalus! I will get you setup later today for Midgard.

I am fine with expanding the time. If you feel more comfortable we can make it 96 hrs.

Haerdalas

No problem. I needed more experience with Dom3 games anyway. Just warning you that I am fairly new to multiplayer, and have never played a LA game... but I will try my best anyway!

Nefaro

I was a bit wary of playing a Late Age game when I came into this, but it's really not much different other than the individual nations being a bit different than previous ages.

byrdman57

It's great that Hear is willing to sub. Thanks so much for filling in. FYI, I already submitted a turn this round.

parone

ok byrd.  ysk will probably change the email now, he was worried you were still in.  thanks for submitting a final turn.  would it be ok for haerdalus to pm you questions?  or could you drop him a quick line outlining your situation(research goals, diplomacy etc)?