Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Okay then. I'll shoot the guy in S13, in the church steeple, and pray for a hit, when my turn comes.

If I run into the church he may drop a potato masher on my head.

Barthheart

undercovergeek

cool, im manning up with the narrative, im going to shoot the guy in S9

Barthheart

Barthheart

Ssgt UCG steadies his Thompson and lets rip with a short burst, at the sentry. Bits of wood and glass splinter around the doorway to the small house but there is no cry of pain from inside.
Your gun did not jam and you did not empty the clip, but you did miss the target.

I'll need to get home to do the actions for the Germans S and T, they use paragraphs and have stat cards that I can't use at work.

undercovergeek

You're a star - can't wait

Barthheart

Obersoldat Sauer, in the steeple, quickly fires a round from his Kar98k at BC and then at SDR! The first shot strikes at BC's feet causing him to panic and drop to the ground. The shot at SDR misses by a wide margin.

At the same time, Soldat Topfer takes careful aim with a Kar98k at UCG, fires and misses! Distraught, he throws himself to the floor.

Your move again UCG. BC is panicked so he can't act and can't receive a turn from you. Just a hint: prone targets are harder to hit in any terrain.  

undercovergeek

is his line of sight reduced if i move upto the side of the church?

Barthheart

Green areas are what sentry S can see. Red are what sentry T can see.

undercovergeek

ill take a shot at S13 then

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 12, 2014, 05:23:30 PM
ill take a shot at S13 then

You can't see him. If fact you can't see either of them because T is prone in a building... sorry I just figured that out.... :-[

Silent Disapproval Robot

undercovergeek

Ok, if I mad dash to r8 to come round the back of the building s9 is in, does he automatically see out of all Windows or is facing in play?

JudgeDredd

He'll see you in R10 and R9 - he could get a shot? Is reaction fire in play in this game or doesn't it matter because he took a shot previously?
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

If it was modelled I was hoping the fact that he was face down would cover me - once I'm ok with mechanics it can get back to been the cool story!