Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Here's the situation as it is now:

UCG, B_C and Bob all get actions this round. Then all the remaining Germans get a go.
Next turn everyone will be aware and can possibly act... if they don't panic. This is a hint that you all should be getting near the leaders to get the benefit of their command radius and for the leaders not to leave their squad out swinging in the breeze.
Also remember your main objective is to capture the 2 bridges intact.....  ;)

Who's up?

Staggerwing

What's the command radius again? Also, does my position up on this ridge with the embankment between me and that nazzie in I9 give me any defensive bonus? It make more sense for me to stay closer to the bridges if I can survive a bit longer and if BC and UCG move toward the objective soon.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

on the assumption that BC will be able to dispatch our man in T13, ill go after him and im going to head towards the chaps and go r8, r9, r10 then i can give SDR and DD some loving

Bob, kill stuff!!!!

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 16, 2014, 02:14:57 PM
What's the command radius again? Also, does my position up on this ridge with the embankment between me and that nazzie in I9 give me any defensive bonus? It make more sense for me to stay closer to the bridges if I can survive a bit longer and if BC and UCG move toward the objective soon.

The command radius is 2 hexes out from any leader ie UCG or B_C.
The German in I9 can't see you at all because of the embankment hexside between you.

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 16, 2014, 02:15:34 PM
on the assumption that BC will be able to dispatch our man in T13, ill go after him and im going to head towards the chaps and go r8, r9, r10 then i can give SDR and DD some loving

Bob, kill stuff!!!!

You have 4 movement points remember and a free stance change, so you could move an extra hex and the crouch or fall prone if ya wanted.....

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on November 16, 2014, 02:50:23 PM

The German in I9 can't see you at all because of the embankment hexside between you.

Then why was he able to take potshots at me from all the way out in hex G6? It's still across an embankment.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 16, 2014, 02:55:58 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 16, 2014, 02:50:23 PM

Then why was he able to take potshots at me from all the way out in hex G6? It's still across an embankment.

You were right next to that hexside. There's more space now so it's like you are back from the edge....

Staggerwing

Ah. Wish I could throw a grenade at L the Ratzi-patsie. Can I still see him and can he climb the embankment easily?

undercovergeek

Quote from: Barthheart on November 16, 2014, 02:52:00 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 16, 2014, 02:15:34 PM

Bob, kill stuff!!!!

You have 4 movement points remember and a free stance change, so you could move an extra hex and the crouch or fall prone if ya wanted.....

cool, give me some q11 and a crouch then sir, this gets dd and sdr into command

BanzaiCat

I'm going to be all BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA with my Thompson on that dirty Ratzi in hex T13.

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 16, 2014, 02:59:40 PM
Ah. Wish I could throw a grenade at L the Ratzi-patsie. Can I still see him and can he climb the embankment easily?

You can't see him but you can toss a grenade into a hex you can't see... just more chance of it landing wrong.
It costs him 1 extra MP to climb the embankment... not much.

Barthheart

Ssgt UCG runs back to the center of the hamlet to check on the other squaddies.
Meanwhile, at the church, B_C leans out of the door and points his Thompson at the sentry. Brrraaaapppp! The German goes down but Sgt. B_C can see that he's only wounded  in the leg.

Now we need Bob's orders.

Bob, there are 2 SS next to you. One is prone with a jammed MG, the other is standing with Luger in his hand. What do you do?

undercovergeek

balls - i should have gone to bob and mirth and let BC cover the 'south'

'IM COOOOOOOMING BOB'

edit - that may not have sounded like i thought

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on November 17, 2014, 07:57:55 AMBob, there are 2 SS next to you. One is prone with a jammed MG, the other is standing with Luger in his hand. What do you do?

if the Warlock thread is any indicator, I believe "sleeps in" is the answer
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

He's already halfway to a Prone position...