Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 23, 2014, 07:17:48 PM
Did you PM mirth to be sure he's out?

If so, if you want to assign his Soldier to me, I'm fine with that. Or ucg as he's our squad leader. Or anyone else that might speak up now but has not yet. :D

What about Bawb?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

If so, if you want to assign his Soldier to me, I'm fine with that. Or ucg as he's our squad leader. Or anyone else that might speak up now but has not yet. :D

I PM'd him earlier in the week about a privious action and got no response. If you want to try and contact him that would be good. Or you all can decide who will run his character.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 23, 2014, 07:25:53 PM

What about Bawb?

Duh, yeah, good point.  O0

Double Deuce

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 23, 2014, 07:25:53 PM

What about Bawb?

After that last turn, do you really think that's a good idea . . .  just saying.  8)

undercovergeek

I know he's visiting family but don't know when he's back - I'm sure hell drop by and say yay or nay, shall we do it for him until his return?

In the meantime BH - how do grenades work and what do they do to the action square and those around?

Barthheart

You have to throw them, roll to hit the intended hex. Where ever they land they attack all in the hex. They only affect the hex they land in.

undercovergeek

i can see mirth throwing it on himself - lets go grenade and see what happens!

BanzaiCat

Okay...we can run him by committee until Bawb says yea or nay.

I'm good with the grenade choice.

Barthheart

Sgt. B_C slowly raises his Thompson over the cowering German and then pulls long and hard on the trigger. The sentry is nearly cut in half from the hail of bullets.
Pfc Mirth lobes a grenade at the two SS and the kubelwagen. It goes off but the kubelwagen deflects most of the blast and the Germans merely panic.
The sentry outside the guard shack crawls through the window to shelter.
The other sentry there draws a bead on Staggerwing but when he pulls the trigger he's jostled by the other sentry's clumsy entrance into the hut. The round buries itself in the nearby building.
The German in the building bolts out into the street and, seeing the Pvt there, falls prone for cover.

Now, B_C, mirth, Staggerwing, SDR and JD all get actions.

Staggerwing

I really, really wish I'd loaded the damn stovepipe earlier when I had the chance since we need to take out that guardshack before the other bridge blows.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

BanzaiCat

I'm going to move 4 hexes - S13, R13, Q13, P13.

I'll crouch after that if a free stance change is available.

Staggerwing

What are my options for taking on the German behind me in L9?

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 24, 2014, 09:42:17 PM
What are my options for taking on the German behind me in L9?

Shoot him or jump him.

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

I'm assaulting L9.