2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Because Jacoby Brissett keeps the Colts relevant? What in the world...and here I thought that franchise might start making good decisions now that Ryan Grigson has been fired.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

NC State had their typical lets-get-everyone-hyped-up-then-lay-and-egg game...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Former Auburn O-lineman, Cole Cubelick, is a contributor on a couple of the radio stations I listen to.  He was really high on NC State this year.  Says the may have the best D-line in the country.  How the Gamechickens took you out is beyond me.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 02, 2017, 09:47:29 PM

Surely your expectations were not that high.  Carolina got beat at home in a game they were predicted to win, and I shrugged it off.  No defense again.

Auburn looked pretty good in their home opener.  But on the road at Clemson next week will reveal a lot more.  I listened to about half of the game while on the road.  XM is pretty awesome for College Football.

Saw lots of Bammers in Atlanta this afternoon getting onto mass transit to go to the game.  Unfortunately, Bama looks as good as they always do.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on September 03, 2017, 12:28:28 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 02, 2017, 09:47:29 PM

Surely your expectations were not that high. 

My expectations are never that high.  Remember the rule for NC State:

Set the line at 8-1/2 wins
Whatever way the national media goes, you go the other way

honestly, you could probably set the line down at 7-1/2 and it works, too.

bayonetbrant

Steelgrave

So did QB Josh Rosen of UCLA just bag the Heisman and first spot in the NFL draft right out of the gate? Shades of Super Bowl 51!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/03/josh-rosen-leads-ucla-back-from-34-point-deficit-to-stun-texas-am/

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Sure. Pats will just score 2-3 times on each drive. Eventually one of them will count.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Alex Smith sacked himself. Is it shown on replay? Nope.

Bison

So what happened Mirth?  You stopped posting updates.