Solo RPG Resources

Started by bbmike, September 17, 2017, 08:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Some good information and links for playing solo RPG here: Getting Started With Solo Role-Playing
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Look, we don't all have the luxury of having a regular gaming group.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

in your town?  that's your own fault!  :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper

CJReich46

Quote from: bbmike on September 17, 2017, 08:52:46 AM
Some good information and links for playing solo RPG here: Getting Started With Solo Role-Playing

She posts quite often in the Lone Wolf Roleplaying Group G+

Thanks for that link bbmike.

I have been considering on a solo RPG just to do some narrative writing, so I frequent the G+ group. There's some great ideas too.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Cheimison

Here is some stuff I recommend, most of it relates to playing with a single player or limited prep:
Scarlet Heroes This is an original D&D style sword & sorcery Oriental Adventures style RPG. High quality, and it has many supplements for hex crawling and the like. It's designed to be played one-on-one, though you can also play Red Tide if you want to use multiple characters without all the bonuses for solo heroes.
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/127180/Scarlet-Heroes

Mythic takes some work to use but it's a pretty good random event/plotline system. Rules-wise it's just like the original Marvel Superheroes, but can be integrated with pretty much any RPG system.
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/16173/Mythic-Role-Playing?it=1

There are a couple of solo-play (no GM) AD&D-esque Oriental Adventures-styled adventures that were high quality and a lot of fun, but I can't remember the names of them and have too many PDFs to locate them.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."