Main Menu

2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

^We specialize in post season implosions.  ^-^
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 05, 2017, 06:41:00 PM
The question now is how many games the Sox win before the series is over....I give them one.

prophetic....

considering the limit was 2!   :cowboy:
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2017, 08:30:25 AM
Quote from: mirth on October 05, 2017, 06:41:00 PM
The question now is how many games the Sox win before the series is over....I give them one.

prophetic....

considering the limit was 2!   :cowboy:

It was a real question if they'd win the one.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Red Sox fired John Farrell this morning.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 11, 2017, 10:21:24 AM

I get that he wasn't popular, but this move apparently disproves the adage that "winning solves everything"

Marty Ward

I thought they were a shoo in to make the WS when the season started. They had dominating pitching on paper but it didn't come through for them so the manager pays.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 11, 2017, 11:25:30 AM
Quote from: mirth on October 11, 2017, 10:21:24 AM

I get that he wasn't popular, but this move apparently disproves the adage that "winning solves everything"

He wasn't a great manager, but firing him is not going to solve that team's problems.

Arctic Blast

The Red Sox mystify me. They're a pretty good team on paper, though sporting pitching depth is iffy, but they should do damage. Yet two years in a row they've gotten their asses kicked in the ALDS.

And of course the Indians lost. Luckily, I've picked enough teams to cheer for who consistently fall apart in the playoffs (Penguins being the exception) that I'm used to collapses by now.  :buck2:

MetalDog

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 06, 2017, 09:40:27 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 06, 2017, 09:37:11 PM
Suck it.

I will suck deep from delicious victory. Tastes like the sublime tears of Yankee fans.

How'd that sucking work out for ya'?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

I wish I could say I'm surprised Cleveland choked

Gusington

They are a great team. They'll be back.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

MetalDog

I forget if it's five or six, but, Cleveland has lost the closeout game of a series that many times in a row.  That's almost Red Sux-ian of them!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd