Fire & Maneuver Alpha Gameplay - WEGO victorian era game

Started by Destraex, June 17, 2022, 07:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

The Armchair Historian comes a new strategy game set in the Victorian Era.
Colour me at least a little interested. If the graphics and animations were top notch as well as the troop numbers this would be amazing. A great replacement for total war it would be.

https://youtu.be/myE5elSIGAU
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Quote from: Destraex on June 17, 2022, 07:55:47 AM
Colour me at least a little interested. If the graphics and animations were top notch as well as the troop numbers this would be amazing. A great replacement for total war it would be.

And, according to the video link, the base game will be free...not bad!

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 17, 2022, 08:13:05 AM
http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=26308.0

I did a search sorry. Must have screwed that up. I think I spell maneuver a strange way and have never managed to correct myself.

Destraex

Quote from: Rayfer on June 17, 2022, 10:12:10 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 17, 2022, 07:55:47 AM

And, according to the video link, the base game will be free...not bad!

Yep apparently free with microtransactions for cosmetics?

PAK

From description: "The game's innovative "simultaneous turn system". Judging from this and from videos, it is simply WEGO. I wouldn't say it is terribly innovative, Atomic Games used WEGO back in 1991 in their V for Victory series. ;-)
Still, WEGO is rather rarely used and I like this system very much and will wait for F&M eagerly.

Grim.Reaper

Sounds like this releases today around noon eastern time.  Will definitely check it out.

Destraex

Yeah. I am a bit disappointed that by WEGO they mean that both players units that they first chose to set a move up for go without the rest of the army following. Thus it's not true WEGO, but rather simultaneous unit by unit turns. I will certainly be trying it to see if this system works. It might mean that the supporting unit you are waiting for being perhaps the 3rd unit that will move or fire just misses out on supporting the 1st unit you moved and it loses. I gather though that combat takes a fair few turns to resolve so this may not matter so much.

When I move my army I want to see the entire line move at once, otherwise it does not look so glorious...  ;D

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

My loins are moist. 

I'd prefer something a bit more straight like Age of Rifles, but hopefully this will do. 

I look forward to digging into this one while at work today.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 15, 2022, 05:00:49 AM
Sounds like this releases today around noon eastern time.  Will definitely check it out.

The 3 DLCs are showing release times of 2-4 hours.  Wonder if that also applies to the as yet unreleased base game?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

SirAndrewD

Quote from: steve58 on July 15, 2022, 11:36:50 AM

The 3 DLCs are showing release times of 2-4 hours.  Wonder if that also applies to the as yet unreleased base game?

Looks like it.  Forums expect release at 3pm EST now.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on July 15, 2022, 11:36:50 AM

Yeah, a posting in the forum originally said 12pm but certainly must have been wrong...as long as today, not big deal for me.

SirAndrewD

^ But, what the heck am I supposed to do at work till then?