Main Menu

Critter R.I.P.

Started by Bison, May 13, 2012, 06:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Yeah Martok, it is wonderful that you can attend and please add my name to the card.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

+1. Thanks Martok. I can't say I knew him well, but I can say that what I knew of him I really liked and wish I had been able to know more.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on May 16, 2012, 07:53:23 AM
+1. Thanks Martok. I can't say I knew him well, but I can say that what I knew of him I really liked and wish I had been able to know more.

Exactly.
Any time is a good time for pie.

UlrichVonBek

Didn't know him, but feel for his family. To young. RIP Critter.

Bison

Martok

You guys want me to use your real names (in which case you should probably PM me with them, as there are still some of you where I don't know it or -- to my shame/embarrassment -- have forgotten it), or will your GH handles suffice? 

EDIT:  It would help if you could please let me know no later than, say, 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning (CST), as I'll be largely "off the grid" after that. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on May 16, 2012, 09:43:44 AM
You guys want me to use your real names (in which case you should probably PM me with them, as there are still some of you where I don't know it or -- to my shame/embarrassment -- have forgotten it), or will your GH handles suffice? 

EDIT:  It would help if you could please let me know no later than, say, 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning (CST), as I'll be largely "off the grid" after that.

I'll add that the family might appreciate it if you gave a city and state, too. Just a suggestion, but one you might consider.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

^  Good idea, LB

Okay, let's do it this way: 

Whoever wants "in" on the card, PM me with your name (or your GH handle, whichever you prefer).  If you also want to include city and state/province/county, feel free to do so! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Barthheart

Gusington

Martok I sent you a PM.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MetalDog

PM sent.  And thank you so much for doing this.  It truly shows that, internet or not, our friendships mean something.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys