Main Menu

Critter R.I.P.

Started by Bison, May 13, 2012, 06:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 13, 2012, 08:34:27 PM
I'm fucking stunned.  I mean what?  Holy fuck.  :'(
I'm stunned as well.  It seems like just yesterday (even though it was ~9 months ago) when I spoke with critter on the phone about my then-unemployment, and the advice he was giving me on possibly becoming a truck driver. 

He was a really friendly and personable guy, and I will definitely miss him.  I can't believe he's gone.  :'( 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MikeGER

I'm shocked !
my condolences to the family and friends
a wellknown part of our international Wargaming Community spread over many forums ... I miss him!

ComradeP

Bad news indeed, may he rest in peace.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

W8taminute

This is sad news.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Critter's family and loved ones.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mirth

Awful news. I didn't know Critter, but I can tell, from the praise of those of you who did, that he was a good guy. My condolences to all who knew him, friends and family alike.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

My memories of him were of a nice guy. Sad news indeed.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Smuckatelli

I'm very sad to hear this news. He'll be in our prayers.

Gusington

He was a good guy, he helped me out too when I was jobless. RIP critter we will miss you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

Quote from: mirth on May 14, 2012, 08:14:16 AM
Awful news. I didn't know Critter, but I can tell, from the praise of those of you who did, that he was a good guy. My condolences to all who knew him, friends and family alike.

He was a fun and funny guy. I have a fond memory of us having a good laugh when I made some quip about Montesanto's GMO starting a zombie apocalpyse. It turned out, the next day he was driving a load of Montesanto products and he told me not to blame him. It was a great exchange and show a keen wit. Funny the things you remember.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Arctic Blast

Wow. That's horrible. I also didn't know the guy well, but he seemed like one of the good ones.

son_of_montfort

"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

mirth

Thanks for posting it, SoM. It's neat that he was a plank owner on the Eisenhower. Wish I had known him more than in passing as an internet alias.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

In the obit Debbie is listed as his fiance, not girlfriend. Given his avatar pic at WG this brings even more sadness...  :(

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.