Main Menu

NYC PSA

Started by W8taminute, July 19, 2022, 03:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Curious you should say that. "Japanese Polearm" is my code name to get into the basement.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

In Oklahoma in the 70s, it was a little ambiguous.  Bomb drills and tornado drills were pretty much identical.  As I think about it, I suspect that the tornado winds picking those little desks up would have made an elementary school classroom about the last place you'd want to be in a tornado.

FWIW, there was a false alarm (meaning it was accidentally triggered and there was no "This is only a drill" warning) for a nuclear attack in Hawaii 3 or 4 years ago.  Some friends of mine were on vacation there with their 3 young daughters when it happened.

W8taminute

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 21, 2022, 09:31:49 AM
not to be a downer about the psa but.....
the last time I read into targeting options, NYC would be getting hit with at least 20 to 25 warheads in a grid pattern.
theres no getting inside.  the one mushroom cloud per city is media bs.

You're not being a downer, but a realist. 

But yeah, I highly doubt that there would be any buildings left to run to.  Now if someone is well outside the blast radius then yes, you want to get inside to at least survive the blast. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 21, 2022, 03:11:10 PM

FWIW, there was a false alarm (meaning it was accidentally triggered and there was no "This is only a drill" warning) for a nuclear attack in Hawaii 3 or 4 years ago.  Some friends of mine were on vacation there with their 3 young daughters when it happened.

I remember that.

I also remember when Reagan said this...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^I can't even imagine if that happened today...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Good thing the joke bombed but not the country.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I thought I remembered that Hawaii red alert being due to the Norks testing long-range missiles in their direction?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FarAway Sooner

Nope.  It was just a mistake on the part of one of their municipal employees somewhere.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Good thing they didn't send in the Marines.  Don't want to tip over any more Pacific islands.

Gusington

^Yes FarAway is right. A gov't worker (not sure if Hawaii or federal) simply pressed the wrong button that set off the Hawaii false alarm. Scary.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I would put a cover over that button. And a solid steel cage. And then park an M-1 Abrahms tank on top of it.

Gusington

The tank may set it off.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

In that case, the tank can be used as a Fallout Shelter.  O0

FarAway Sooner

Fortunately for us, Hawaii doesn't have its own nuclear arsenal...

I've heard rumors that the Jewish Space Lasers we were talking about on the Ukraine thread might have their control center deep in a volcano on the Big Island, but I don't think that's been confirmed.  Damned lava really masks IR signatures!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd