New York National Guard COVID Largest Domestic Mobilization in U.S. History

Started by Gusington, August 06, 2022, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

'Not everyone gets to storm the beaches at Normandy.' Some serve during medical crises  O0

I am proud that I got to serve as my unit's S1 (administrative officer) for about a year during the worst of COVID.

I won't get a medal for it, but at least I can tell my great grandkids that I helped the effort as part of the NY State Guard:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-08-york-national-covid-response-largest.html

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 06, 2022, 05:14:21 PM
'Not everyone gets to storm the beaches at Normandy.' Some serve during medical crises  O0

I am proud that I got to serve as my unit's S1 (administrative officer) for about a year during the worst of COVID.

I won't get a medal for it, but at least I can tell my great grandkids that I helped the effort as part of the NY State Guard:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-08-york-national-covid-response-largest.html

I have no metals to destow but kudos to you!  I got my first booster from the NC National Guard, so this sort of thing has helped me personally!

Dammit Carl!

Every bit and person counts when they stand against an enemy, be it a virus or an organization or state.

Tripoli

BZ, Gus! :bd:

*Note forr non-USN/USMC readers: BRAVO ZULU (BZ) is Navy lingo for "Well Done" see https://www.history.navy.mil/research/library/online-reading-room/title-list-alphabetically/t/terminology-and-nomenclature/bravo-zulu.html
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

My next-door-neighbor growing up, and the guy who introduced me to wargames, ended up working in a VA Hospital during COVID.  It was a very different spin on the whole "service to your country" thing than any of us had anticipated when we all used to play Army back in elementary school, but it is remarkable how many folks had to step to the front lines during the time of COVID. 

I tip my hat to you, sir!     O0

Gusington

Thanks FarAway. We never really see it coming, how we'll all be called upon.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

The kudos are all very fine, but most importantly what freebie is the bunny ranch giving away this time?
(With sincerest apologies to Mrs. Gus.)

Well done, thank you.

Sir Slash

Truly. Covid was no match for the Gusington Guards for sure. Well done.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Thank you both. I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of 'freebies.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2022, 06:59:54 AM
Thank you both. I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of 'freebies.'

They are like Bigfoot.  A lot of people talk about them but no one has ever encountered them.

Uberhaus