The Uber Flashpoint Campaigns Bug-Reporting Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2015, 06:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Alright folks, this is a brand-spanking-new FPCRS thread, dedicated to reporting of bugs or defects in the code, or communicating 'fixes' to the developers.  This is NOT for the discussions of gameplay: tactics, features, scenarios, history, units & capabilities, etc.  Game-related posts will be moved to the appropriate thread here.  If we have to repeatedly move posts out of the wrong thread too often, folks will start to get a vacation.

For historical purposes, the original discussion thread is here, but it is locked.  Do not carry over any non-game discussions from the previous thread.  Leave it alone.
The other other thread is here, and also locked.  Same rules.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

Thanks Brant! We'll keep an eye out here for tech issues.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Con

Does the lack of any more bugs being reported mean that the patch is finished and that the game will have reached the rarefied level of Grog Nirvana?

Thanks
Con

bayonetbrant

No, it indicates that the primary bug-reporter had taken a break from reporting for the moment
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

No we are still working on things this week related to a Steam login issue that appears to lock up games with non-steam players if the login system hiccups.  :knuppel2:

OJsDad

So, I got a new laptop, and want to install FP on it.  I go out to Matrix's website, but I don't see how I can download it again.  I see DW games, but not FP.  What am I missing.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Did you save the install file from the first d/l?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

I think you can 'upgrade' to the full version from the contest version here
http://grogheads.com/?p=3459

OJsDad

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 27, 2015, 07:10:12 PM
Did you save the install file from the first d/l?

I think so.  It's on my old computer so I'll have to look.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Then all you will need is your serial/key if you can find your original confirmation email from Matrix when you bought the game.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

I found the d/l.  I did find the SN on their web site, there just wasn't a way to d/l from there.

jomni

Capn Darwin

I need to find out why there is no way to download with a registered serial number. I'll let you guys know what I find.

OJsDad

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."