Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, March 08, 2015, 02:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Makes sense.....

Nav check:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote]

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

OK, one of your bombers has become separated from the formation and will fly independently.  Select which one you want to detach.  If you choose Gibson, you'll have to bump one of the other two up to flight leader for now.

Barthheart

Co-pilot: "Wow that was bloody bright.. I've still got spots in my eyes. How close are we to the others? Wait... where's Popsie?
Gibson: "What are you on about?"
Nav: "He's right sir. Popsie is no longer in sight. Must have gotten lost in the lights."
Gibson: "Bugger it all to hell! Martin's better than that!"

(AJ-P separates.)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Stagger and UCG, choose 1 bomber in your formation for a hazard.

Once those are resolved, it's on to the dam...if you can find it.

(and I just read some rules errata and clarifications and found that the Very Lights you fire do travel with you to the next zone on the move phase so their use is definitely more of a risk than as I've been using them as each one generates an extra hazard.  We'll continue playing the game as we have been but I'll remember for next time.  You caught the Germans napping this time out but they'll be ready next mission!) 

undercovergeek

Silent Disapproval Robot

UCG, your flight stumbles into a previously undetected concentration of searchlights. 

Your flight leader needs to make a navigation check. for the wave  His navigator's skill is 6 but he takes a 1 point penalty for the lights.  Astell's map error also adds another 1 point penalty to the mix.  You need an 8 or better on 2D6 to pass.

undercovergeek

so, ummm a 1 and a 2 is no good then?

Silent Disapproval Robot

It just means all the cool waves at school are going to point at you and call you uncoordinated.

Staggerwing

As is fitting, the Flight Leader's Lanc takes the hazard. Any flak less than 128mm should bounce off his stiff upper lip.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

QuoteYoung saw the searchlights come to life a few miles and banked right to avoid the beams.  He was just confirming the course change with the navigator when the rear gunner called out "Skip, break hard left now! Messerschmitt, 8 o'clock high!"  Young kicked the rudder hard over...

Wow Stagger, you get all the exciting ones, don't you?

The lead bomber has picked up an Me-109 night fighter.  Roll 2D6.  You need 6 or better to evade.

(I know, it's not a 109 and it's the wrong type of Lanc but it's the only pic I could find.)

Staggerwing

QuoteYoung kicked the rudder hard over...

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

QuoteRounds from the Mk 108 gun pods slammed into the starboard wingtip of the Lancaster and began walking their way up toward the fuselage.  The rear gunner screamed defiance as he opened up with his .303s.  Young felt a cold pit in his stomach.  Time for desperate measures.

Because you have a veteran crew and an elite pilot, you get a last ditch chance to save yourself.  You need a 6 on 1D6.  (Unless Bart wants to use Gibson's ability.)

Barthheart

Yes damn it! Gibson is madly rubbing his lucky rabbit`s foot until the fur is almost gone.  :o

Roll the evasion again!
:D

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sorry.  I wrote the results page from my phone when I was away from the rulebook.  Gibson can only use his re-roll for planes in his wave, not others. 

(You're also not supposed to get veteran save ability against night-fighters but I think you should so that's my own little house rule change.)