Lego Saturn V

Started by DoctorQuest, March 09, 2018, 02:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

My daughter got me this for my birthday.

I'd never done a Lego model of this size. So far I'm having fun. The instructions are good and they really do break it down into logical assembly steps.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

OJsDad

WOW! 

And Happy Birthday  <:-)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

DoctorQuest

I just noticed the number of pieces = 1969. Very appropriate. :)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

OJsDad

Unless it blows up, then the piece count goes over 10,000
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

I got that set for my daughter for her birthday. It's a very valuable set, there were only a small number made, IIRC.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Happy B-day!  <:-)
That's a awesome gift.

Post some pics when you get it done.

DoctorQuest

If you have 20 minutes this Adam Savage video does the build more justice than I ever could. I had never heard of "knolling" which is one way of organizing the pieces before you begin. Quite a discussion point among Lego nerds.  :nerd:

I can't say I think it buys you much. I went with the "one bag at a time" method.

And there is no way in hell I am cutting up the instruction manual. It is a work of art in itself.  :timeout: I'll have to figure out another way to tag team this bad boy. EDIT: Nice. They have downloadable PDF manuals.

Gusington

I used to do one bag at a time but from experience I do think that knolling may be the way to go.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Didn't we just go through this sort of controversy with counter clipping?

I will need to buy a knolling table.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

Quote from: Gusington on March 10, 2018, 03:19:56 PM
I used to do one bag at a time but from experience I do think that knolling may be the way to go.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Are we still talking about Lego ;-)

Nefaro

Space-Lego Nerds abound.   :nerd:

CJReich46

I used to build Saturn Vs when I was a kid, just with the basic LEGO bricks, long before LEGO Space. You had to get creative in those days.

Looks like a wonderful kit. Please post pictures when you finish! :)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose