Started by JudgeDredd, November 02, 2015, 05:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

^ lol - I don't know what that means - but if it means what I think it means, do people actually do that? How would that even work?
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 03, 2015, 01:45:43 AM
^ lol - I don't know what that means - but if it means what I think it means, do people actually do that? How would that even work?

They do do that. It's called exactly what Star says: kit bashing.

It works by trying to figure out what pieces might fit together, figuring out how to fill the gaps (there are lots of ways to improvise and a adapt. It ends with your imagination running a bit wild.

Would be even more fun if you managed to strap the treads and turret of your Leotard project to it, too!

undercovergeek

I keep waiting for Mirth to start one of these and its going to be a picture of ghonnerea or a thai dwarf transvestite

JudgeDredd

Oh...so like fitting the Flankers wings onto the Me110?

That sounds weird - and clever. But I'm wanting to see what this Flanker looks like and I've been after an Me110 for some time now.

So I won't partkae in the weirdness just yet - but it does sound interesting  :coolsmiley:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 03, 2015, 08:34:43 AM
I keep waiting for Mirth to start one of these and its going to be a picture of ghonnerea or a thai dwarf transvestite
lol
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 03, 2015, 08:35:44 AM
lol

+1

LongBlade

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 03, 2015, 08:35:29 AM
Oh...so like fitting the Flankers wings onto the Me110?

That sounds weird - and clever. But I'm wanting to see what this Flanker looks like and I've been after an Me110 for some time now.

So I won't partkae in the weirdness just yet - but it does sound interesting  :coolsmiley:

A quick search of the internet will yield all kinds of stuff.

Franky, I've not spent any time kit bashing. Yet. Probably on the horizon as I have a bunch of models that could use some love.

However, the gamut runs soup to nuts. Some guys (I think Star falls in this category) are so talented that they can scratch build pretty much anything they want and it will look awesome.

I am not that guy.

Something like this is probably with my wheel house if I gave it enough time and money. Maybe.

And it illustrates the concept well:

LongBlade

Keep in mind kitbashing does just refer to vehicles. You can do pretty much anything.

It watching Mythbusters a while back I learned that some of the coolest scifi weapons in movies are really just creative kitbashes. The simplest example might be Han Solo's blaster, which is a (very) slightly modified Mauser M98.

mirth

Then you'll see some kit bashing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: LongBlade on November 03, 2015, 08:59:28 AM
It watching Mythbusters a while back I learned that some of the coolest scifi weapons in movies are really just creative kitbashes. The simplest example might be Han Solo's blaster, which is a (very) slightly modified Mauser M98.

Many of the weapons in the original SW series were old WWI & II surplus weapons with a bunch of extra crap stuck on them. 

The stormtrooper E-11 carbines, for one example, were originally Sten SMGs.  Fett's was a revolver with shoulder stock (Webley?).  Etc.

BanzaiCat