WW2 Rebuilder

Started by Ian C, July 29, 2022, 12:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Not a wargame but:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1906590/WW2_Rebuilder_Germany_Prologue/

From STEAM:

ABOUT THIS GAME:
The WW2 Rebuilder Germany Prologue will take you to the destroyed Hamburg. It's a FREE map where our task will be to clean and rebuild the area around the St. Nicholas church. Visit destroyed city after global allies offensive and enter a story of woman looking for her lost husband who fought in Hamburg defending uboat factories.

In Full Game as a hero you leave your family house after WWII. In English Campaign you will travel to London and Gimbert train station to renovate it and start becoming builder of the new world. Through the journey you will collect resources and craft materials to flip houses, repair industrial buildings, roads and squares so the tenants could live in their homes happily again. Afterward become a house builder for people who are awaiting for the roof over their heads. This builder simulator game also allow you to become a mechanic and operator of various machines like crane, bulldozer, jeep cars which will help you demolish and clean ruined houses, streets and factories.

A truce does not mean an immediate return to normal life. The Second World War left its mark on the cities of Europe, and the new kind heroes had to lift them from the ruins - the ordinary citizens joined their efforts to rebuild demolished houses, streets and factories, ensuring a better future for their nations.

FarAway Sooner

That's a fascinating historical premise.  If done properly, I could see it adding some really nice flavor to a lot of the more generic building games out on the market today.  If not done properly, I could just see it was a post-WW II skin on a genre that is already crowed!

If anybody gives it a try, I'd love to hear impressions.

al_infierno

Great premise but I'm always suspicious of these Unity asset games.  Hopefully there's more effort behind it than some other titles like Thief Simulator and Drug Dealer Simulator, which were also fascinating concepts let down by poor execution.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

I saw this too and thought it was a very interesting and unique idea, but the execution doesn't look the greatest and even after being "rebuilt", the cities appear to be lifeless.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18