Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital - Game Play Video

Started by Thrawn, February 20, 2019, 10:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardolph

Not a lot of content in the base game, you get two Normandy scenarios and two Vietnam scenarios. Pick up at least one or two of the dlc that interest you to keep you busy for a bit. I'm still playing through Heroes of Normandy and haven't touched any of the others yet, though my game time is split between a lot of different games at the moment. Chiv 2 taking up most of it.

The devs are still actively updating and working on the rest of the dlc which is heartening. And the LnL Tactical devs are taking over the Nations at War and World at War games as well so hopefully they will be done properly at last.

nelmsm

You will want to pick up the DLC, at least the ones that interest you.  The base game has the four scenarios and for the price is worth it in my opinion.  I've picked up all the DLC so far and have hit a scenario in most of them and I am enjoying the heck out of them.  They are quite challenging against the AI or I'm just a crappy player but either way I'm having fun with it.

Crossroads

Thanks for the bump guys, finally went and bought the Heroes agaist Red Star DLC. Heroes of the Gap remains the most gorgeous board game on my collection, the chit art is just marvellous  :bd:

Will try to play a few scenarios through this coming weekend, with the house for myself.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Went for the battle generator / scenario designer as well. Let us see if I can recreate some Team Yankee for laugh and giggles. TY would better fir platoon scale I'd imagine, but how about the counterattack of team remnants from chapter Check and Checkmate.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

greengiant

Thank you for the feedback folks :)

So what I'm getting is that 1 or 2 DLC is a good idea. I definitely have my eye on the campaign/scenario generator as that provides quite a bit of longevity to the game, + perhaps x2 more DLC to add some mixup options to the generator.

End of this month I think I'll pick it up.