AAA or something else? Best Roadside Insurance?

Started by republic, March 28, 2013, 08:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic

My family and I are planning to buy a travel trailer this summer.  I bought a used SUV to pull it and while it is running fine, I'd feel a lot better having something like TripleA or something to that effect.

Do any of you use anything like that?  Is AAA the best to get or is there something else?  I really don't want to get 600 miles from home and be on the side of the road for 8 hours in 110 degree heat.

Thanks in advance!

LongBlade

I have used AAA and Allstate's roadside assistance.

Both have worked fine.

My one criticism of Allstate is that it seemed as though my call was answered by some guy in India (Hello. My name Peggy.).

I can't prove it, but that was my impression. I'm not big on outsourcing jobs overseas, and I'll pay a couple of bucks more to have an American pick up the phone. Mind you, I don't remember the cost differential - this is a general observation.

Take that not as gospel but as a head's up when you're considering your decision. From a service perspective I've had no problems with either.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

^^Could have been one of them damn immigrants.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

airboy

I've had AAAs for 20 years.  Never had a problem with them and they have had a good response time.

AAAs gives a lot of travel discounts which are useful on occasion.  I've used the hotels and theme parks discounts pretty often.

They have a lot of generic guide books for each state in the US.  They are a good means of identifying potential spots to visit.  But you usually have to go to the individual webpage of the destination to determine if it is worth a visit.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

Triple A FTW. Just pay 30 extra bucks and get the RV package.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Longdan

I use CAA/AMA which is the Canadian branch of AAA.  They are virtually everywhere and there is none better in my experience.
Even if they do let foreign sounding people answer the fone.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

republic

Thanks for all the replies!  It looks like I can get Allstate RV Roadhelp for $75 with a KOA Value Kard.  I might go that route.