Hell Let Loose Opinions And Thoughts

Started by TigerBanks, September 19, 2021, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

All this talk about HLL makes me want to play again.  The problem is time.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just got it as part of the November HumbleBundle.  Haven't had a good experience so far.

The installation was a bit of a headache.  Had a few corrupted files on thecfirst attempt that caused the game to crash on the loading screen.  Once that was sorted, the Unreal engine reared its ugly head during configuration and flipped out over the presence of my HOTAS setup.

Once I got the game running, I found the lack of any meaningful tutorials/boot camp areas a bit off-putting but jumped into a server.

It took me back to WWII Online.  5 minutes of frustration just trying to figure out how to join a squad and spawn in were followed by a lovely 5-minute jog across France and then Stalingrad as I chased the green dots of my squadmates.  Both were abruptly ended by a bullet in the cranium from an unseen enemy.

I found a boot camp server and hopped in there.  Guys on chat were in a non-stop bitch session  about how none of the players but me was a noob and ppl were just there to noob farm/grief.  Then they switched to bitching about how nobody knows how to attack and capture spawn points.  We started taking fire from a building across the street so I tossed a grenade.  Then my squad leader decided to sprint to the same doorway where I just threw it and he ended up getting killed by it and instituting a kick vote against me.

And there are no Brits/Commonwealth troops in the game.  Think I might go back to Post Scriptum.

Trooperc7

Post scriptum is a good game....its just a shame that so few people play it.

Father Ted

SDR - I feel your pain.  These sorts of games should be so much fun, but trying to play on a team of random assholes can be horrible.  I've bought them all on the basis that I'll play in a squad of mates and have a few times managed that - resulting in memorable gameplay.

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 02, 2022, 03:27:16 PM
I just got it as part of the November HumbleBundle.  Haven't had a good experience so far.

The installation was a bit of a headache.  Had a few corrupted files on thecfirst attempt that caused the game to crash on the loading screen.  Once that was sorted, the Unreal engine reared its ugly head during configuration and flipped out over the presence of my HOTAS setup.

Once I got the game running, I found the lack of any meaningful tutorials/boot camp areas a bit off-putting but jumped into a server.

It took me back to WWII Online.  5 minutes of frustration just trying to figure out how to join a squad and spawn in were followed by a lovely 5-minute jog across France and then Stalingrad as I chased the green dots of my squadmates.  Both were abruptly ended by a bullet in the cranium from an unseen enemy.

I found a boot camp server and hopped in there.  Guys on chat were in a non-stop bitch session  about how none of the players but me was a noob and ppl were just there to noob farm/grief.  Then they switched to bitching about how nobody knows how to attack and capture spawn points.  We started taking fire from a building across the street so I tossed a grenade.  Then my squad leader decided to sprint to the same doorway where I just threw it and he ended up getting killed by it and instituting a kick vote against me.

And there are no Brits/Commonwealth troops in the game.  Think I might go back to Post Scriptum.

Supposedly there will be Brits/Commonwealth troops eventually.  I keep wandering back to HLL and have had some okay times recently.  If I can't find a good squad, I make my own.  This means
I end up being a squad leader fairly often, but even that can be nice when the CO (a captain or so) sends you and your rag-tag band of misfits to see about something -- which means you must have
accidently created an okay squad.  So that's nice.