Post Scriptum - Operation Market Garden Shooter

Started by Jarhead0331, January 07, 2018, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on September 01, 2018, 03:15:35 AM
Is it your graphics settings or does that look horrible now they have patched it?

I set everything to medium -- hence the horror.

Destraex

I guess that is better than having you say it's the patch ;)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on September 01, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

The patch did some very cool things with lighting.  I was trying to capture some of that.

Destraex

My GTX970 died and so I am on my old GTX670 now. Not really game to try post scriptum until I get a new card.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 01, 2018, 10:23:48 PM
Quote from: Destraex on September 01, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

The patch did some very cool things with lighting.  I was trying to capture some of that.

Here's a screenshot of the camera:

jomni

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on September 06, 2018, 12:06:25 AM
That's a Kodak. What is it for? To take screenshots?
Interesting article.
http://www.pastimage.com/ww2-cameras/4555114877

I had the Argus when I was a kid.  Quite a good and handy camera.
Argus C3 ('The Brick')
1939-66

35mm camera with fixed lens. Introduced in 1939.

Issued to GI soldier/photographers (GIs given cameras to record unit histories). Most famously used by Tony Vaccaro to record the 83rd Infantry Division in Europe 1944-5.

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on September 06, 2018, 12:06:25 AM
That's a Kodak. What is it for? To take screenshots?

It gives you black-and-white "pictures" (screenshots) without any obstructing things in your virtual hands (guns, grenades, canteens, cameras).  A neato if twisted idea like a lot of things in Post Scriptum.

IronX

This shot is from the camera. The guy running saw me with the camera after this shot and stopped. I said "smile" and he said "cheese".

Destraex

I don't remember seeing the poles in game before. Were they there before the patch yesterday?

MengJiao

jomni

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on September 09, 2018, 06:41:22 AM
Why is this not getting great Steam reviews?

The game gets pretty good reviews centered on "realism".  The reasons people don't like it range from "Pfft...What is Market Garden?" to "The maps are bad" (as in make Holland less Green again?) and on to "It is like Squad only not."  I'm not sure what the central gripe might be.

MengJiao

Quote from: IronX on September 06, 2018, 02:22:48 PM
I said "smile" and he said "cheese".

Another patch (be sure to clear your cache):

Update v1.0.65 - Changelog
SEPTEMBER 8   - =BOB=BREIZHOO
Hello everyone,

We want to push v1.0.65 out to the public. It is very likely that the map changing crash is fixed. If it is fixed, we will keep this version on stable, if it happens to not be fixed, we will revert to v1.0.60 in the next few hours. Thanks for your understanding.

With v1.0.65, we also start introducing the game localization for the following languages, French, Chinese Simplified, Italian and Spanish. This work was made by our amazing community and we cannot thank them enough!
It will maybe need some tweaks here and there, but it is a very good start and we will add more languages in the future.

Here is the changelog for v1.0.65:

-Add: Commander direct voice channel form SL
-Add: Localization CHINESE SIMPLIFIED
-Add: Localization FRENCH
-Add: Localization ITALIAN
-Add: Localization SPANISH

-Fix: Map crash for missing Yash test map (probably fixed)
-Fix: Oosterbeek S07
-Fix: Doorwerth S06
-Fix: Heelsum D02 lighting
-Fix: MG34 double sound on deploy
-Fix: Map names not correct on some layers
-Fix: Sdkfz251 driver and co driver dying from explosions

-Potential troublemaker: Started implementing Armored ruleset to core code.

PS: Some of us just got back from vacation and ready to smash some more bugs, here are some news on what is going on internally.

We'll soon convert all our current maps to the new shader (Doorwerth and Driel are not yet with the latest shader), a lot of you noticed FPS gain since we did that tweak on Heelsum. Possibly during next week if all goes well.

We will very soon start the public testing for our new map of Arnhem Lane 1!

And to conclude, our Level Designers are working full speed on Veghel and Grave. That means that we will start the testing of the US Airborne very soon with all our Supporter Edition customers. We are eager to test it with you, it has been a blast working additional content and we cannot wait to properly play it. If you are not a Supporter Edition owner, the update will come for free soon after the testing period is over.

Destraex

What is the armoured rule set? Proper historical armour and penetration values?