Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on June 07, 2018, 10:05:05 AM
So the dismountable units are available in the patch for everyone - not just buyers of the DLC?

"Some mounted unit types can be dismounted as equivalent infantry units at Deployment. This is confined to nations that often dismounted their cavalry, and currently only applies to units in the Age of Belisarius DLC."

My bad.  :-[

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

SirAndrewD

Ooooh...a sale!

Very nice.  Glad I held off on the DLC.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Boggit

Quote from: CJReich46 on June 07, 2018, 02:08:26 PM
So the dismountable units are available in the patch for everyone - not just buyers of the DLC?

"Some mounted unit types can be dismounted as equivalent infantry units at Deployment. This is confined to nations that often dismounted their cavalry, and currently only applies to units in the Age of Belisarius DLC."

Narses dismounted Byzantine cavalry as heavy spearmen at Taginae in c. 532AD.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MengJiao

Quote from: Boggit on June 07, 2018, 05:16:40 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on June 07, 2018, 02:08:26 PM

Narses dismounted Byzantine cavalry as heavy spearmen at Taginae in c. 532AD.

Yeah, but there is a Clovis I campaign -- holy shit!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

Buying it was never a question.  I can't imagine an expansion for this I wouldn't buy.

I won't dive in for a bit with Origins and other stuff -- not to mention that I'm in the third round of the latest FoG2 tournament.

I do like, though, hanging out in a joint where a Clovis campaign brings roars of enthusiasm.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Looks like we have some common ground. According to the definition below, we CANNOT play the newest games...gotta go with the old ones.

grognard (plural grognards) An old soldier. A soldier of the original imperial guard that was created by Napoleon I in 1804 and that made the final French charge at Waterloo. (games, slang) Someone who enjoys playing older war-games or roleplaying games, or older versions of such games, when newer ones are available.

Cyrano

No, we just play the new ones and grumble about them.

It counts.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

jomni

Massive global campaign (multiplayer) being organised
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=477&t=86476

AAR of Tides of Conquest map campaign system.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=493&t=85381

Zulu1966

Quote from: DennisS on June 10, 2018, 07:46:28 PM
Looks like we have some common ground. According to the definition below, we CANNOT play the newest games...gotta go with the old ones.

grognard (plural grognards) An old soldier. A soldier of the original imperial guard that was created by Napoleon I in 1804 and that made the final French charge at Waterloo. (games, slang) Someone who enjoys playing older war-games or roleplaying games, or older versions of such games, when newer ones are available.

That wouldn't be my definition in any case it's more about the nature and depth of the simulation than anything yo do with the age of the game. Wanting to play Desert War from  makes me a grognard because of what it is compared to say  panzer Corps.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Nefaro

Field Of Glory: Empires

New turn-based campaign layer, compatible with FOG2, is in the works:

Exactly what FOG needed - a proper campaign side.  O0

http://slitherine.com/products/product.asp?gid=789

Tuna

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CJReich46

I saw that.  :clap: