Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 21, 2019, 10:05:57 AM
Last time I looked at requirements it listed a pretty brisk turn exchange rate. Is that still the case?

From the rules :

Players must register one result in each section they have entered within three weeks and three results within each section they have entered within five weeks (i.e. the halfway stage) of the opening of the tournament or they may be replaced by a player from the reserve list.

There are ten players in each Division.........each plays the other once.

So 9 games to be completed in 10 weeks. You can start v opponents simultaneously or in a staggered fashion.

I guess it depends how "brisk" you feel it is. I normally enter three Divisions (27 games) and finish them comfortably but I appreciate we all have different schedules !!
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Jarhead0331

http://www.slitherine.com/news/2850/Field.of.Glory.Empires..Ask.Us.Anything

On May  23rd  in an exclusive event on Reddit, game designer Philippe Malacher will answer all questions for 24 hours in a live AMA!

Have all your questions answered by visiting https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/ on May 23rd , starting at 11 AM EDT / 8AM PDT / 5PM CEST
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DennisS

Do we have a release date yet for the Dark Ages expansion? Yes..I should have searched this thread first!!!!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: DennisS on May 21, 2019, 12:50:10 PM
Do we have a release date yet for the Dark Ages expansion? Yes..I should have searched this thread first!!!!

Like 3 posts up:)

Gusington

And on The Magical Home Page, if you believe things like that exist.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Yskonyn

Quote from: devoncop on May 21, 2019, 10:12:55 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on May 21, 2019, 10:05:57 AM
Last time I looked at requirements it listed a pretty brisk turn exchange rate. Is that still the case?

From the rules :

Players must register one result in each section they have entered within three weeks and three results within each section they have entered within five weeks (i.e. the halfway stage) of the opening of the tournament or they may be replaced by a player from the reserve list.

There are ten players in each Division.........each plays the other once.

So 9 games to be completed in 10 weeks. You can start v opponents simultaneously or in a staggered fashion.

I guess it depends how "brisk" you feel it is. I normally enter three Divisions (27 games) and finish them comfortably but I appreciate we all have different schedules !!

Thanks! Yeah that is way too brisk for me. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Needed some Dork Ages DLC!   :bd:   <:-)

DennisS

I have money saved up for this one. I've been good, and not been distracted by shiny things on Steam. I watched Das Tactic's start of his Viking campaign, and it looks terrific!

I have always been more interested in historical combats from a later age..call it Hastings and later. This works for me. It will be better still when it gets into the Napoleonic era, with cannon. I THINK that the game engine can transition to more of a ranged combat system. Hope so, anyway.

Gusington

Only three days away 🤓

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Quote from: Gusington on May 27, 2019, 12:15:20 PM
Only three days away 🤓

Only TWO days away! I have money reserved, and refuse to look at any shiny new game. This will complete the entire DLC set, as it should.

Grim.Reaper

i am assuming the cost is their normal $15 per dlc so will be a no brainer for me as well.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

So it's safe to assume that Grogs will be closed all day tomorrow?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Even when closed we are more open than our nearest competitor.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd