Arma3 paid vietnam dlc coming

Started by Destraex, April 07, 2021, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

They have their competition cut out for them. The Unsung Vietnam mod is Exceptional with a capital "E".
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 07, 2021, 09:22:24 PM
They have their competition cut out for them. The Unsung Vietnam mod is Exceptional with a capital "E".

It seems the DLC is a "creator DLC" which may be the unsung mod?
"The Arma 3 Creator DLC program enables selected outside developers to publish original new content for Arma 3 as commercial DLC on Steam. The proceeds of Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire will be shared between Savage Game Design (developer), Bohemia Interactive (publisher), and Valve (digital distributor)."
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1227700/Arma_3_Creator_DLC_SOG_Prairie_Fire/

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Destraex on April 07, 2021, 08:57:55 PM
Perfect game for this setting I say. Might actually finally make me load arma3 onto my pc.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/arma-3-is-going-to-vietnam/?fbclid=IwAR1EezxAkRzNTuGe_jOtEYVLl2STQJiIdEAbftXF7-wblMTV3Sl9__qHE34

I don't have Arma3 but this is interesting.  Some very nice looking screenshots in that link. 

Dammit Carl!

Skoop

Unsung is great, but having it as dlc with a dedicated sp campaign will be cool.  Also a dedicated Vietnam island shipping with it.

Grim.Reaper

This was released....was thinking of getting but seems like single player content lacking, mostly more training type stuff.  Maybe once people come out with a lot more single player scenarios, I'll jump in.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 07, 2021, 05:49:57 PM
This was released....was thinking of getting but seems like single player content lacking, mostly more training type stuff.  Maybe once people come out with a lot more single player scenarios, I'll jump in.

Yeah. It's another bullshit co-op campaign. So God damn annoyed. I don't know why Bohemia keeps doing that. So frustrating.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

hellfish6

The older iterations of Arma had AI you could put into co-op missions. I guess they got rid of that? I was annoyed to find I was Rambo running around the Ho Chi Minh Trail by myself.

JasonPratt

Rimmy's crew do the campaign (to be continued)...

Wolfpack's more sober version:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

I watched somebody review it a little and was really disappointed at how the arma3 engine has aged graphically? I played ARMA3 for about 5 minutes total many years ago and thought the graphics were amazing at release. Now it reminds me of operation flashpoint. Was it just the review I was watching? Do the graphics hold up still? Or is it now a game you have to love the mechanics so much that you can ignore the poor graphics.

hellfish6

It may be somebody's graphics settings. Forests/jungles are notoriously high-poly, and to keep frame rates reasonable on an older machine they may have dialled it down. I think the game still looks amazing, but I don't know what you're comparing it to.