War in the east 2 coming soon

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 17, 2021, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

I don't have an issue with the setup. Geezer's numbers are correct, but you do start with 370 points as axis, and you get extra points for capturing a city early. One point per week early up to a maximum of 6 if i remember correctly. You don't have to have that number on that date, you had to have reached that number sometime before Jan/42. Whether these numbers are fair and balanced for your general player i have no idea, haven't played the campaign yet. No problem with the concept in theory, it's not like the Germans could take their time as the bear got stronger.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

So what is the wait time between turns whilst playing the grand campaign?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Quote from: W8taminute on April 05, 2021, 10:39:23 AM
So what is the wait time between turns whilst playing the grand campaign?

The wait time depends upon the level of detail you set on the  opponents turn and that of your own. At the lowest level of detail the Grand Campaign for me in SP is taking about 5-10 minutes depending upon how much action there is.

If you choose the highest level of detail you can probably double that time.

I actually like the higher detail and enjoy watching the play backs but I appreciate some may not.  The smaller scenarios are very quick turnarounds.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

W8taminute

^Oh wow thanks for the information. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

I'm experiencing some serious FOMO reading about this game and how much you guys are enjoying it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

acctingman

Could use some advice here.

Would you say someone whose experience in wargames is the panzer corps series, Steel Panthers and Battle Academy should stay away from this game? Is there another game that might be a level or two below the complexity level of WitE2?

Thanks

al_infierno

Quote from: acctingman on May 20, 2021, 03:05:12 PM

Would you say someone whose experience in wargames is the panzer corps series, Steel Panthers and Battle Academy should stay away from this game? Is there another game that might be a level or two below the complexity level of WitE2?

Thanks

I wouldn't say you should stay away from it, but the amount of information in the UI might be a bit overwhelming.  Definitely stay away from the 1941-1945 campaign until you've played the smaller scenarios and learned a bit more.  Ultimately it all comes down to shuffling counters and capturing VPs.

I'd recommend checking out WarPlan or the Strategic Command series for something a bit more in-depth than Panzer Corps, but not quite on the level of WitE.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

acctingman

Quote from: al_infierno on May 20, 2021, 03:56:18 PM

Thanks

I wouldn't say you should stay away from it, but the amount of information in the UI might be a bit overwhelming.  Definitely stay away from the 1941-1945 campaign until you've played the smaller scenarios and learned a bit more.  Ultimately it all comes down to shuffling counters and capturing VPs.

I'd recommend checking out WarPlan or the Strategic Command series for something a bit more in-depth than Panzer Corps, but not quite on the level of WitE.

I haven't looked at WarPlan but I have been eyeballing Strategic Command for quite sometime.

Thanks al

-budd-

With WITE2 you can dig as deep as you want. Like Al said at the end of the day your pushing counters. Why not just wait until it hits Steam, then you have 2 hours to test drive it and can still refund it.

This version clicks with me more than the first game. I think its great, so I'm a bit biased.

-budd-

Quote from: acctingman on May 20, 2021, 05:07:51 PM

Thanks

I haven't looked at WarPlan but I have been eyeballing Strategic Command for quite sometime.

Thanks al

The SC series would be a good step up from Panzer Corps, Warplan is a step above the SC series in my opinion.

acctingman

Quote from: -budd- on May 20, 2021, 05:16:36 PM
Quote from: acctingman on May 20, 2021, 05:07:51 PM

Thanks

Thanks al

The SC series would be a good step up from Panzer Corps, Warplan is a step above the SC series in my opinion.

Thank you budd

I think I'm going to do just that. Buy SC, then Warplan and them WitE2. Maybe by then I can get it 50% off  O0

acctingman

So, am I better getting Strategic Command WW2: Europe or the WW2:World at War?

-budd-

Since your stepping up in complexity, I'd go with Europe instead of taking on the whole war.  It all just depends on a big a bite you want to take, their both good games that are well supported.

acctingman

Quote from: -budd- on May 20, 2021, 05:55:49 PM
Since your stepping up in complexity, I'd go with Europe instead of taking on the whole war.  It all just depends on a big a bite you want to take, their both good games that are well supported.

Again, thank you budd

-budd-