Author Topic: War on the Sea coming soon! (from Killerfish Games)  (Read 7444 times)

Offline MengJiao

• Landsknecht
Re: War on the Sea coming soon! (from Killerfish Games)
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2021, 10:25:03 AM »
Hi all.  Quick update for you.

I've logged in about 26 hours of gameplay since getting the game.  I've played the campaign game exclusively. 

My short answer is: This game is fun but you only earn chump change from your weekly income whilst the ai can spam everything at you ad infinitum.  Campaign is broken and I'll shelve the game for now.  Too bad.  It's fun but resource income is way too low to keep up with the ai.

I'm having a blast with the Custom Battles, so much so I haven't even looked at the Campaigns yet.  In CB's you can pretty much set up any engagement you want.  I just wish they would address the way you select ships and planes in setting up a battle, it assumes you know a ships type, light cruiser, heavy cruiser, etc. by a ships historic name. I haven't played in a couple of weeks so maybe it has been fixed?

Isn't the class there written on the top margin above the silhouette when you add ships?  As in XXX class heavy cruiser?  As far as I know it has always been that way.

Offline Rayfer

• Condottieri
Re: War on the Sea coming soon! (from Killerfish Games)
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2021, 11:00:58 AM »
Hi all.  Quick update for you.

I've logged in about 26 hours of gameplay since getting the game.  I've played the campaign game exclusively. 

My short answer is: This game is fun but you only earn chump change from your weekly income whilst the ai can spam everything at you ad infinitum.  Campaign is broken and I'll shelve the game for now.  Too bad.  It's fun but resource income is way too low to keep up with the ai.

I'm having a blast with the Custom Battles, so much so I haven't even looked at the Campaigns yet.  In CB's you can pretty much set up any engagement you want.  I just wish they would address the way you select ships and planes in setting up a battle, it assumes you know a ships type, light cruiser, heavy cruiser, etc. by a ships historic name. I haven't played in a couple of weeks so maybe it has been fixed?

Isn't the class there written on the top margin above the silhouette when you add ships?  As in XXX class heavy cruiser?  As far as I know it has always been that way.

Yes, but what if you thought you were selecting a light cruiser but was in fact a heavy cruiser. You can delete it but the drop-down selection window reverts back to the top so you're left scrolling back down looking for a heavy cruiser again and still not knowing which ones they are....if you get it wrong again it's rinse and repeat.  It's minor irritation but something they should fix.