Serious grid based Wargame Collection

Started by crowdrake, June 10, 2022, 01:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowdrake

Serious grid based Wargame Collection
I created these for steam, but could not believe I had to pay $100 to get them on the review system, so its to your benefit that I am providing them free for you here.

There is a Naval carrier game, a space game and a ww2 hexbased game. they are all turn based with detailed combat systems, many many options. you can use the tools in the game to create scenarios with ease. all games are highly detailed and track many systems like lasers, missiles, Marines, Engines, hull, aggression setting, HQs, Enemy, they have hotseat and A.I. versions. Full maps and random map generation.

they all run on windows but the naval game has an android version too.

https://agamecreator.itch.io/serious-wargames

W8taminute

This is really generous of you!  All of those games look like fun and of the type I would enjoy.

Just curious, even though Steam is charging you to have your games placed on their review system I would assume they make sure you get paid for selling your games?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Crowdrake...

On behalf of Grogheads, I'd be happy to fund the $100 fee for you so that you can get your games up on Steam. I know you put a lot of work into these games and that you have a strong desire to share them with wargamers.

Shoot me a PM if you would like to discuss.

Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: W8taminute on June 10, 2022, 07:59:27 AM
Just curious, even though Steam is charging you to have your games placed on their review system I would assume they make sure you get paid for selling your games?

It depends on what you mean by "make sure you get paid for selling your games."  If people happen to buy your games through Steam, you get about 70% of the cut of sales.  However, Steam will not lift a finger for you to market your game or increase traffic - developers are 100% left to their own devices.  Once a game gets a certain amount of "organic traffic" then Steam starts to help promote it by showing it on the front page or whatever, but that only really helps if you've already successfully marketed your game.

So I don't blame crowdrake for not wanting to spring on that $100 fee when there's no guarantee of making the money back.  That said, I hope he decides to take JH up on the offer to get it on Steam  :bd:  Steam will let you offer the games for free if you don't feel like charging for them, otherwise you can basically set whatever price you feel is appropriate.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

^Good information to know.  Thanks for sharing.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

crowdrake

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2022, 08:20:25 AM
Crowdrake...

On behalf of Grogheads, I'd be happy to fund the $100 fee for you so that you can get your games up on Steam. I know you put a lot of work into these games and that you have a strong desire to share them with wargamers.

Thanks.

JH thats the best thing anyone ever said to me about my work by backing things up with there hard cash, But I have released it all over now for free and I dont think it would be right to change that to paid, but thanks guys .

al_infierno

Quote from: crowdrake on June 10, 2022, 01:35:33 PM
Crowdrake...

Thanks.

JH thats the best thing anyone ever said to me about my work by backing things up with there hard cash, But I have released it all over now for free and I dont think it would be right to change that to paid, but thanks guys .

You don't have to charge anything to release it on Steam, you can still release it for free.  Jarhead can correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like he's asking you to charge anything - he'd just like to see it on Steam since that does make it more visible and accessible to wargamers, especially when properly tagged so it shows up in the "Similar Games" feed for other wargames. 

Steam won't market your game for you, but it's absolutely worth uploading it for the visibility and legitimacy it provides.  Itch.io is a great platform, but it doesn't have nearly the same userbase as Steam - especially as far as wargamers go.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

crowdrake

Quote from: al_infierno on June 10, 2022, 01:38:18 PM
Quote from: crowdrake on June 10, 2022, 01:35:33 PM
Crowdrake...

Thanks.

You don't have to charge anything to release it on Steam, you can still release it for free.  Jarhead can correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like he's asking you to charge anything - he'd just like to see it on Steam since that does make it more visible and accessible to wargamers, especially when properly tagged so it shows up in the "Similar Games" feed for other wargames. 

Steam won't market your game for you, but it's absolutely worth uploading it for the visibility and legitimacy it provides.  Itch.io is a great platform, but it doesn't have nearly the same userbase as Steam - especially as far as wargamers go.

Thankyou for shaing your knowledge of steam, I shall think on it, but I feel like I have finished the project now, I want to learn python as i got a book bundle of humblebundle and loving the new project im on, so I am not wanting to continue with the games at the moment, I know itch isnt steam but you can charge for games if you wanted, and I found a lot of famous games on itch, that are on sale on steam and gog too. , so Im happy, I am glad you guys like them, it makes the work worthwhile.

al_infierno

- MengJiao