VBS3 Comes to Grogheads

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2016, 07:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Woof...sounds more "work," like than "game," like for this short-attention-spanned type - have fun nonetheless with it!

Toonces

I'm pretty curious to see how this software can be made to sing and dance. 

Hopefully Jarhead's not posting that info the the front page.   ::)   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

James Sterrett

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 26, 2016, 06:59:47 AM
and let me tell you, scenario design is a BITCH!

It's easy compared to, say, JCATS ( https://csl.llnl.gov/jcats ).   :P

bayonetbrant

Quote from: James Sterrett on April 26, 2016, 06:29:43 PM

Well yeah.  And paper airplanes are easier to fly than moon rockets. ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

Quote from: MetalDog on April 25, 2016, 07:30:59 PM
You should empty your Recycle Bin, JH.

If he's like half of my clients, that's where he keeps all his important files!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Yskonyn

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on April 26, 2016, 01:45:40 PM
I've had poor experiences with VBS-3 on the military side. I see no point in downloading it for commercial use.

ArmA 3 + RHS mod.

Is there a specific reason you prefer RHS over CUP?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

MikeGER

Quote from: Toonces on April 26, 2016, 04:59:50 PM
I'm pretty curious to see how this software can be made to sing and dance. 

I am sure there is already a cultural module of EDITED BY MOD "civilians" where your Marines on foot patrol stumbles in a tiny village having a marriage, funeral, or local religious celebrations going on... with dancing in circles and all the Yalla Yalla Yalla

hell, i bet they even have a Bavarian module with Schuhplattler and a Maipole ...well just in case, you never know, still Germans  O:-) 

well, you can also watch the pre-marriage tribal-leaders come-to-gether in IR from the predator's-eye and give the clan chief tango-leader C2-element the good news with a simulated AGM-114...  if the whining of the lefty media a few weeks later when they found out by some wiki-leak-stunt and a dispatched reporter looking for 'collateral damage' to that ramshackle village hut get simulated also i don't know.

Jarhead0331

Mike...don't ever use those kinds of derogatory racial terms in our forum again. That goes for anybody else who may be reading.

We have a zero tolerance policy for that crap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RyanE

And that is the post right there that someone from the media will see and use to paint wargamers in a broad brush.  Regardless of political leanings, a VERY poor piece of judgement.

My suggestion to the author is remove the whole thing.

Asid

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 27, 2016, 06:29:08 AM
Mike...don't ever use those kinds of derogatory racial terms in our forum again. That goes for anybody else who may be reading.

We have a zero tolerance policy for that crap.

O0
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Don_prince

Oh good old VBS. Been trying to get my hands on it for so long now... Still unsucsesfull...

Don_prince

By the way, I've been around the internet for VBS. As of this moment, as far as I know, all VBS VU groups are death appart from the Dogs of War.

Since the BIsim forums are dead, I have found the Dogs of War having a detailed forum about VBS and knowledged people who can give support with issues. http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/board,35.0.html

Some members have made missions that are in use by the military and some of them have used the program in the military. Some have connections with the developers.

bayonetbrant

I used VBS2 for some of my PhD research, and got to know a few of the devs at the time.  Smuck is also well-acquainted with them, and has been to the home office a few times IIRC.  Jarhead covered their previous releases, too, with both ARMA and VBS.  :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Smuckatelli

Quote from: James Sterrett on April 26, 2016, 06:29:43 PM

It ain't dat easy..... ???

We checked to see if we could use VBS Fires at TBS.....too many moving parts to teach 50 Lieutenants at one time the call for fire format. They plan on sticking with the CAN. They might use Fires at IOC but they need to clear that with OPS first.