Main Menu

Hell Let Loose

Started by jomni, April 24, 2018, 09:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 12, 2020, 07:31:01 AM

I looked around in the latest update:

More wind and water and light and clouds on Utah Beach.  The commander can spawn a recon vehicle AND he or infantry can ride in it but not drive it.

It's also much easier to drive than a tank.  Here's the greyhound on hill 400:

MengJiao

Sir Slash

Did you cause all that mess Meng? Cause if so..... then WELL DONE!  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 17, 2020, 09:41:38 PM

Nope.  I was driving the greyhound around on an empty server sight-seeing and taking photos.  These days the biggest messes I make are with the occasional grenade thrown into over a distant hedge.  Sometimes I think I hear a howl or two of pain and I guess it is the howls of the enemy since none of my side's markers are in that direction.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 18, 2020, 06:09:41 AM

Nope.  I was driving the greyhound around on an empty server sight-seeing and taking photos.  These days the biggest messes I make are with the occasional grenade thrown into over a distant hedge.  Sometimes I think I hear a howl or two of pain and I guess it is the howls of the enemy since none of my side's markers are in that direction.

Industrial Archaeology:  the Carentan Map:

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 15, 2020, 10:01:07 AM
I can dig that.  :2funny:

Easy eight on the revised Foy (and there's a free weekend for HLL til the 20th):

Sir Slash

WHOA!  :wow:   That's a big gun.

Geezer

I bet you say that to all the boys...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 18, 2020, 09:50:52 AM
WHOA!  :wow:   That's a big gun.

That's just the usual US 76mm for Shermans (US Shermans got the 75, the 76 and the 105).  The screenshot exaggerates its length.

MengJiao

Quote from: Geezer on July 18, 2020, 10:33:42 AM
I bet you say that to all the boys...

You should get in and play this week-end!  There's a bazillaion noobs on for the free weekend!  If you do some supply work you will seem 1000 times more adept than the average!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 18, 2020, 06:09:41 AM

Purple Heart Lane -- and this bloody line of dead Elitetruppen is indeed in the ditch right next to the main road.  The screenshot is from a few weeks ago but Purple Heart Lane hasn't been changed and I was fighting on it last night and I even managed to hit a few of the enemy with shots from my trusty M1 rifle:

W8taminute

Nice screenshots!  I really should fire this game up again.  Haven't played since it came out last year.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2020, 07:50:53 AM
Nice screenshots!  I really should fire this game up again.  Haven't played since it came out last year.

Yep, it is a fine continuation of the Red Orchestra -- Darkest Hour -- Post Scriptum Series.  If you've played the earlier versions of this particular line of WWII FPS games, it is definitely an incremental improvement and it is itself getting more interesting (if not necessarily more satisfying).  I think Purple Heart Lane is still my favorite map -- the grim atmosphere is pretty satisfying in itself.

Sir Slash

Can't play it. Once I start.... I will NEVER be able to stop, too OCD foe these things.  :idiot2: