Main Menu

Hell Let Loose

Started by jomni, April 24, 2018, 09:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 20, 2020, 11:44:02 AM
Can't play it. Once I start.... I will NEVER be able to stop, too OCD foe these things.  :idiot2:

This might be the cure for that; get hit by artillery, run over by tanks, mangled by machine gun bursts, sniped, bombed, strafed, chewed up by grenades, shot by your own men...you might be able to stop.

W8taminute

Quote from: MengJiao on July 20, 2020, 12:58:10 PM
Can't play it. Once I start.... I will NEVER be able to stop, too OCD foe these things.  :idiot2:

This might be the cure for that; get hit by artillery, run over by tanks, mangled by machine gun bursts, sniped, bombed, strafed, chewed up by grenades, shot by your own men...you might be able to stop.

So true!  Unless you're a sadist, then you keep coming back for more.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2020, 07:51:07 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 20, 2020, 12:58:10 PM

So true!  Unless you're a sadist, then you keep coming back for more.   ;D

I'm sure there are some common mental predispositions involved, but this game has satisfactorily knocked most of them out of me.  I just play until my side wins or loses or I've had enough or have otherwise slaked my thirst for mayhem.  So a few nights ago (on Purple Heart Lane) I thought I was at the start of a good run.  I wasnt' a SL.  I had my M1 and I'd set out my ammo box and thrown all my grenades.  I was on the flank of the last German position and the EliteTruppen were definitely trying to come around my way.  I was about to get up to the top of a small embankment and do some satisfying shootin' when (right on schedule) a German appeared at the top of the bank...maybe thirty feet away.  we saw each other at about the same time...I might have been a few miliseconds ahead since he was high up against the sky and I was climbing the bank.  We fired at almost exactly the same time.  I got off 4 or five wild shots and saw an amazing arc of blood rocketing out of his head as he went down out of sight.  He had fired some sort of automatic weapon and nicked me. 
    That looked like a kill to me, but I've learned to go elsewhere under such circumstances since nothing quite annoys the Elitetruppen like shooting the point man.  So I ducked off and patched my nick.  I was contemplating looking for more trouble when an artillery barrage clobbered me.  So...having had a nice shooting scene and been blown to bits, I was in a satisfactory state of postmortum bliss and I quit.

Geezer

The game looks interesting, but the days of me playing first person twitch shooters are long gone.  I recently reminded myself of that trying to go back to Planetside 2.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Sir Slash

I agree. I loved the Medal of Honor/Brother In Arms shooters on my old PS 2 back in the day but my reactions are too slow now and.... they make me nervous as hell. Plus I can't stand losing.  :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

A more common event: Carentan today, SL sets up an outpost:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 24, 2020, 09:06:29 PM

And here's my new carbine.  There's a "point man" load out once you get somewhat into the game.  I'm using it partly because the rifleman gets
4 grenades right away with it and for the SL -- the carbine is a lot better than the Thompson in most situations....Plus I get to use the same gun in the
two roles I usually play (SL and rifleman).  Now if I could just quit getting killed all the time and/or learn to keep my mic audiable and learn to signal on the map when I spot something...well I'd be doing real good.  I did get 5 kills this time...though with all the grenades I threw, maybe not with the carbine...I'm not sure.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 31, 2020, 08:58:46 PM

There's a "point man" load out once you get somewhat into the game.  I'm using it partly because the rifleman gets
4 grenades right away with it and for the SL -- the carbine is a lot better than the Thompson in most situations....Plus I get to use the same gun in the
two roles I usually play (SL and rifleman).  Now if I could just quit getting killed all the time and/or learn to keep my mic audiable and learn to signal on the map when I spot something...well I'd be doing real good.  I did get 5 kills this time...though with all the grenades I threw, maybe not with the carbine...I'm not sure.

Thinking about setting up an outpost.  They are going to change the grass in update 8 and add some "penetration" differences to the ballistics so get a good look at this grass and I have no idea what the penetration thing will do (PS -- this is the old grass):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 26, 2020, 08:01:36 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 31, 2020, 08:58:46 PM

There's a "point man" load out once you get somewhat into the game.  I'm using it partly because the rifleman gets

Thinking about setting up an outpost.  They are going to change the grass in update 8 and add some "penetration" differences to the ballistics so get a good look at this grass and I have no idea what the penetration thing will do (PS -- this is the old grass):

Gosh!  I haven't posted about HLL in months.  There's a big update coming with all sorts of changes so I'm wandering back into empty servers occasionally to try to get my reflexes back in order.  I'll even dig up an old screenshot!

Yep, this is from a few weeks ago when I was just driving around:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 28, 2020, 04:13:30 PM

Gosh!  I haven't posted about HLL in months.  There's a big update coming with all sorts of changes so I'm wandering back into empty servers occasionally to try to get my reflexes back in order. 

Yep.  Update 8 is out.  Lots of changes.  Even trucks!

Trooperc7

So many changes its almost like a new game!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 03, 2020, 08:15:31 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 28, 2020, 04:13:30 PM

Gosh!  I haven't posted about HLL in months.  There's a big update coming with all sorts of changes so I'm wandering back into empty servers occasionally to try to get my reflexes back in order. 

Yep.  Update 8 is out.  Lots of changes.  Even trucks!

Here is a German truck...however, filled with nube-like wonder, I failed to attack it.  Now looking at the screenshots I realize I had 3 or 4 German trucks I could have attacked...but for some reason I assumed they where US trucks even though the two types of truck are pretty different...Oh well:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 04, 2020, 04:52:30 PM

Here we are on Purple Heart Lane taking our first objective: