RIP Indiana Jones Swordsman

Started by mirth, June 25, 2014, 08:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I don't know Steelie. But his grandfather was a nice guy. Anybody ever watch the Indiana Jones TV show? That actually was pretty good for the day.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Young Indiana Jones? Never could get into it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Young Indiana Jones is pretty good and available on Netflix. Sometimes I can't even look at you mirth!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I'll give it another look. Might be a good thing to get my kids into.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Try it, I remember enjoying the show almost as much as I enjoyed the movies.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

It was a good show, worth it just for the scenery and historical cameos alone, never mind some clever placement of the characters in the middle of historical events. Much better production values than most tv shows of the time.

However, if you have not seen it before and have just watched the Boondocks Saints movies, teen/young-adult Indy will seem a bit less trigger-happy than you expect.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys