This forum is acting weird, for me anyway

Started by Geezer, December 14, 2020, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

I can't seem to find a tech support forum so please feel free to move this post.

When I have multiple unread posts in the Computer Gaming forum and click to read the top post, then when I come back to the forum all other posts below it are marked as read even though I have not read them yet.  Just noticed it the other day.  If I read a lower unread post first the ones above it are not marked as read when I come back to the forum.  This is the only forum I use here so I don't know if the same thing happens in other forums or not.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

What browser are you using? Might be a cookies/cache issue.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Just tried it (Firefox) and no issues.

Clicking top post doesn't turn lower post into read for me.

Geezer

Chrome.  I know the website does not like Chrome as I can't mark any posts as read unless I read at least one first.  That has been an issue for a long time.  Not the end of the world, but the latest problem from my first post just started happening so I thought to mention it in case there is an easy fix.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

I'm also on Chrome. Try clearing out your cache.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Hot lead and dirty talk! on December 14, 2020, 06:51:37 PM
Maybe its YOU who is weird?

Says the guy named "Hot lead and dirty talk!" with an avatar containing Dudley Dawson, Takashi and Arnold Poindexter.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

If he thinks this part is weird, wait until he sees the rest of the place.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Geezer

Yeah I heard a rumor there is a front page here somewhere but I think it's fake news...

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Geezer

Cleared my cache as Gusington suggested.  Had three unread posts.  Read the first one and when I went back to the forum the second post was no longer unread even though I had not touched it.  The third post was still unread.  Like I said, weird.  FWIW I don't see this problem in any other forums.

Gusington

You could also clear your browser history and cookies, but that is sometimes a pain in the keister for people.

Maybe also call an exorcist.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

I'm not gong to worry about it at this point.  Just wanted to mention it since it is a recent change, but if nobody else is seeing the problem then the admins can just ignore it.

Father Ted

Gusington

Not for me, Father. For my er...geezerly friend, above. At this point the only answer is Satan.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd