NWS- Rule the Waves 2

Started by Rayfer, October 30, 2021, 02:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolf

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 06, 2022, 05:35:45 AM
Quote from: demjansk1942 on January 06, 2022, 05:30:46 AM
If you buy the game now by digital download, would that have the drm?  Just thought of buying it.  Thanks

They released the above patch to remove their drm.  I would assume any new purchases wouldn't have it to start with.  Even if it did, applying the patch would remove it.

That is still an important difference. I don't want aggressive DRM on my system, even temporarily.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Redwolf on January 11, 2022, 08:31:37 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 06, 2022, 05:35:45 AM
Quote from: demjansk1942 on January 06, 2022, 05:30:46 AM
If you buy the game now by digital download, would that have the drm?  Just thought of buying it.  Thanks

They released the above patch to remove their drm.  I would assume any new purchases wouldn't have it to start with.  Even if it did, applying the patch would remove it.

That is still an important difference. I don't want aggressive DRM on my system, even temporarily.

Best place to confirm is with the developer on their forums.  Can't imagine it not being removed for new purchases, but no way to confirm that since I already own it.

bobarossa

Quote from: Redwolf on January 11, 2022, 08:31:37 AM

I don't believe their DRM was aggressive.  I think it just did a snapshot of your hardware and incorporated it into the activation code so that you couldn't use that code on a different computer.