WarNo by Eugen - aka WARGAME 4

Started by Destraex, December 17, 2021, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DetCord

Early Access? Is Eugen hurting for capital or something? That's an odd route for them to go.

On the other hand...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlPEBROvR9w

Destraex

I reckon they want to steal a march on Broken Arrow (ex Eugen staff (FLX) and Russians according to some) which has only just shown 10 minutes of in game footage.
Thus announcement, pre-order and early access as fast as possible I reckon.

Broken Arrow looks almost the same but may end up being a little fresher because it must be built from the ground up.

Detcord do you remember the Eugen workers strike a few years back?
This is FLX I think talking about instant blacklisting after leaving a workplace and the need for workers to unite;
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

DetCord

Quote from: Destraex on December 17, 2021, 11:35:36 PM
I reckon they want to steal a march on Broken Arrow (ex Eugen staff (FLX) and Russians according to some) which has only just shown 10 minutes of in game footage.
Thus announcement, pre-order and early access as fast as possible I reckon.

Broken Arrow looks almost the same but may end up being a little fresher because it must be built from the ground up.

Detcord do you remember the Eugen workers strike a few years back?
This is FLX I think talking about instant blacklisting after leaving a workplace and the need for workers to unite;

The alpha footage of BA doesn't really look that great. I know its an alpha an all but the renders and GUI looked fairly bad.

Ref Video - As someone that works in this industry I can tell you that blacklisting does indeed occur. Though usually for very real reasons. Laziness, failure to meet ded's, leaving mid-proj, and many others. It also occurs, though far less often due to social-media backlash, because of employer abuse, whatever that might be. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be allowed to unionize. Just that the concept of it seems absurd to me.

Probably because I don't qualify being that I'm a contractor.  :D

Destraex

Yeah. I was just trying to illustrate that this is almost exciting because it seems like a real cold war spy switched sides :P
Thus with crucial tech in the enemies hands an arms race has started... thus the early access etc and the "push" this must have taken by Eugen to get ready.
It has to be a big blow to the Broken Arrow crew that they have the original developer making pretty much the same game in competition with them.

Broken Arrow even with the footage being a little lack lustre has potential. They certainly showed a lot more units like hovercraft and nukes in the trailer. So perhaps more fun and less realism? Like world in conflict?

DetCord

Quote from: Destraex on December 18, 2021, 12:00:59 AM
Yeah. I was just trying to illustrate that this is almost exciting because it seems like a real cold war spy switched sides :P
Thus with crucial tech in the enemies hands an arms race has started... thus the early access etc and the "push" this must have taken by Eugen to get ready.
It has to be a big blow to the Broken Arrow crew that they have the original developer making pretty much the same game in competition with them.

Broken Arrow even with the footage being a little lack lustre has potential. They certainly showed a lot more units like hovercraft and nukes in the trailer. So perhaps more fun and less realism? Like world in conflict?

Eugen, or whatever is left of them, decided upon this route due to what they perceive as valid and actual competition to their potentially sub-standard product. They see what these aforementioned titles could be and decided to plop down their game as fast as possible to hamper sales of competitive products. It's really the only reason to go this route.

Innovate or die.   

Destraex

Schtorsk  [developer] 23 minutes ago     
Hello guys,
The date displayed by the Steam Store is wrong at the moment. We've sent a request to change it 9 hours ago and we're waiting for Valve reaction. Early Access comes on January 20, 2022 as announced in the trailer.

GrandStrateger  [developer] 24 minutes ago     
Tactically, the most important thing is the combined arms combat my friends! You will see in this new game how we have upgraded it and what are all the new possibilities.
On the strategic level, I hope we will amaze you with the new version of AG.
And I'm not talking about the new graphic engine, the new maps, the urban areas...

GrandStrateger  [developer] 36 minutes ago 
The competition is awesome for all fans of tactic and strategy games as long as the other games are not wargame or steel division copycats

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2021, 10:17:02 AM
I am very excited for this :)

I'm certainly looking forward to it, but only if it enhances the Wargame formula in substantial ways. I'm not expecting revolutionary change, but certainly an evolution in the strategic layer of the game, UI OOB/TO&E, graphics, etc. If it is just a slightly updated Wargame EE or ALB, I'll be disappointed.

For what it is worth, I care nothing about the labor issues between developers and their employees. These are internal contractual concerns as far as I'm concerned. I just want to see good games developed, and whether they come from Eugen, a new company formed by its former employees, the muffin man or all three, matters not.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

The series is still new to me so I've got high hopes.

Do you know the muffin man?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Another question answered:

Schtorsk  [developer] 6 hours ago 

The engine has the same basis since R.U.S.E. but it has been continuously upgraded by our dedicated team. There are many major changes between the SD2 version of the engine and the WARNO version. Those changes should be detailed in some future blogposts.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd