On the bridge to Friday

Started by W8taminute, January 14, 2022, 08:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2022, 04:37:39 PM
^Enjoying 1100AD? Got a pic of the Moltke?

It has its moments.  As for the Moltke, she's surprisingly unphotogenic even in a fjord and flying the red Santa Claus Legion Flag:

Dammit Carl!

Been out of town all week for work, so my umpteenth attempt at the last mission to kill Trey Stone in GR: Breakpoint was put on hold until now.  Seriously, mission is kicking my ass for some damn reason.

Stay safe, East Coast Grogs, in the impending snowmageddon and have fun.

p.s. And I clear the mission first time back on.  Figures.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2022, 03:11:04 PM
Post impressions of God of War if you can - I'll be getting it once there's a price drop.

Well, if the first two boss battles are any indication, this is going to be a long game for me and I am even playing the easiest setting:)  I should know better to try these types of games.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 14, 2022, 08:51:23 PM
Post impressions of God of War if you can - I'll be getting it once there's a price drop.

Well, if the first two boss battles are any indication, this is going to be a long game for me and I am even playing the easiest setting:)  I should know better to try these types of games.

Yeah. The boss battles are total turn-off for me. I played for maybe an hour and a half on the PS4 when it first came out. Never touched it again.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 14, 2022, 08:55:27 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 14, 2022, 08:51:23 PM

Yeah. The boss battles are total turn-off for me. I played for maybe an hour and a half on the PS4 when it first came out. Never touched it again.

Probably won't last long for me either....game had such high praise that I needed to try it although I knew it wouldn't likely last

al_infierno

I never got the hype around God of War being honest, the ultra-cinematic boss fights never did anything for me and made me feel more like I was playing a QTE cutscene than a game.

This weekend it'll be more dice rolling in Tabletop Sim, rootin' tootin' n shootin baddies in Ready or Not, and probably a lot of reading as I work my way through Battle at Bull Run by William C. Davis and My War Gone By, I Miss It So by Anthony Loyd.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Fetrik

Work and in what time there is left i will share it equally between sleep and No Man's Sky.
25-30 hours played so far and i'm having a blast.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Fetrik on January 15, 2022, 03:37:26 AM
Work and in what time there is left i will share it equally between sleep and No Man's Sky.
25-30 hours played so far and i'm having a blast.

Absolutely love NMS, very immersive.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

W8taminute

So all this talk about Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica got me to fire up that BSG: Deadlock game from Matrix...and then promptly uninstall it. 
Having better fun with a BSG Steam workshop item for Star Wars Empire At War.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

What didn't you like? Peeps were raving about that game a few years ago.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Well I bought the game on launch day knowing full well it was not really what I wanted.  I really tried to give the game a chance but in the end it really bummed me out.

What I was looking for was a grand strategy game where I could fight across the galaxy with any faction, not just the humans.  I wanted something Total War in space.  Instead what we got was a human only story driven mode in a non-sandbox setting.  Really depressed me in the end. 

IMHO this game was a smash and grab using the BSG universe as a backdrop to lure the geeks in.  I fell for it but I have learned.   ;)

Edit: When I purchase a game I want to love it a long time.  I don't want a game that has a honeymoon period that quickly wears off.  Hence that's why I call this game a smash and grab. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tripoli

I actually like BSG.  THe "strategic" layer isn't much, but it is fun for generating the tactical battles.  And the post-game videos are great.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln