Another delay, marvel midnight suns

Started by Grim.Reaper, August 08, 2022, 10:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Seems common nowadays another game being delayed.  Was looking forward to this since based on Xcom ...guess we will see in 2023.

https://www.pcgamer.com/marvels-midnight-suns-is-delayed-wolverines-claws-retract-slightly/

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 08, 2022, 10:36:35 PM
Seems common nowadays another game being delayed.  Was looking forward to this since based on Xcom ...guess we will see in 2023.

https://www.pcgamer.com/marvels-midnight-suns-is-delayed-wolverines-claws-retract-slightly/

Ah, that's too bad. I was also waiting for this game, but as of late, I'm steering myself away from PC games. I find most (that I play and are on MY wish list) to be lackluster and fall short of developer promises/hopes, etc...blah, blah.

I've switched to tabletop wargaming. It's WAY more enriching and rewarding. Painting little dwarves, tanks or orcs is so much more satisfying than button mashing or trying to aim my stupid crosshairs fast enough before someone snipes me.

Anyways...shit, I just rambled on there a bit too much.

I'll probably still take a look at this when it comes out. Love me some Wolverine!

Grim.Reaper

Released today... hopefully will get some time with it this weekend.

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 02, 2022, 05:30:01 AM

Super interested on your take Grim

I'm a superhero geek, but $60 for this game makes me squeamish.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: acctingman on December 02, 2022, 10:39:26 AM

Hopefully this weekend....seems like reviews are all over the place so not sure how it will turn out.  Even if not a great over all game, seems like I'll get some milage just playing super heroes in an XCOM world:)

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 02, 2022, 10:45:14 AM

I'm reading more negative reviews than positive ones. I ignore the nerd rage reviews as those are easy to pick out, but there seems to be A LOT of performance issues and the days of me overpaying for day 1 release games died a long time ago. I'm going to hold off until this thing gets patched and more than likely I'll purchase this at a sale price. Just way too many legit negative reviews out there for my taste.

Hope you have a good experience though.

Grim.Reaper

Yep, we will see....I pre ordered this long ago so not even sure how much I paid, pretty sure it was at reduced price, but no idea.

Sigwolf

Don't forget that in addition to $60, there is already a $50 "season pass".   :hide:  But that wasn't enough, either, so there are also in-game micro-transactions.   :pullhair:

My initial interest in this game has been tempered significantly.  I think I will be waiting for a substantial discount at this point.

Grim.Reaper

I snuck in a few minutes for the tutorial mission....no performance issues for me, at least with that but limited.  I have to figure out this card based combat but was kind of neat so far.  Of course have only touched the surface so far.

At the moment I have no intentions of purchasing the optional season pass or transactions.....

acctingman

For now, the micro transactions are just additional skins, but that could change down the road.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: acctingman on December 02, 2022, 01:21:37 PM
For now, the micro transactions are just additional skins, but that could change down the road.

I don't tend to play a game long enough to worry about skins and all the extra addons:)  So base game likely will be it for me, assuming it stays interesting.

Grim.Reaper

Some more quick impressions...

- as I get older I get more impatient with dialogue and cut scenes and so far there is a bit much of it.  I just want to play the game.  However, appears you can skip most of it, although I hope I don't miss something important.

- not the games fault, but the voice acting catches me off guard.  I expect to hear the people from the movies but of course they aren't in it.  This is my own problem but hard not to tie back to voices that I am familiar.

- no final verdict on combat yet, it's a bit if a puzzle game.  You get a hand of cards and you have to determine best way to play them to maximize your success.  So far it has been interesting but might become very repeated at some point.

- no crashes or performance issues for me so far.  Found a way to disable the launcher which is supposed to help if needed.

That's it for now, don't regret the purchase but not sure how much shelf life it will have for me.

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 03, 2022, 06:32:36 AM
Some more quick impressions...

- as I get older I get more impatient with dialogue and cut scenes and so far there is a bit much of it.  I just want to play the game.  However, appears you can skip most of it, although I hope I don't miss something important.

- not the games fault, but the voice acting catches me off guard.  I expect to hear the people from the movies but of course they aren't in it.  This is my own problem but hard not to tie back to voices that I am familiar.

- no final verdict on combat yet, it's a bit if a puzzle game.  You get a hand of cards and you have to determine best way to play them to maximize your success.  So far it has been interesting but might become very repeated at some point.

- no crashes or performance issues for me so far.  Found a way to disable the launcher which is supposed to help if needed.

That's it for now, don't regret the purchase but not sure how much shelf life it will have for me.

Thank you Grim. Much appreciated. This is a sale purchase for me. It sounds like there isn't going to be much depth to this game and they are going to DLC the hell out of this thing, which I despise.

acctingman

So, anyone here besides Grim playing this? (love to hear more thoughts or comments if you have them Grim)

I've been reading mixed reviews (staying away from Steam reviews). I'm hearing that there is just a mind numbing amount of dialog that while you can skip through it you do so at your detriment. Also, there isn't that much combat even though that is getting high praise.

More I read, the more I think about waiting for the first big sale (which won't be until spring 23')

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: acctingman on December 26, 2022, 06:45:28 PM
So, anyone here besides Grim playing this? (love to hear more thoughts or comments if you have them Grim)

I've been reading mixed reviews (staying away from Steam reviews). I'm hearing that there is just a mind numbing amount of dialog that while you can skip through it you do so at your detriment. Also, there isn't that much combat even though that is getting high praise.

More I read, the more I think about waiting for the first big sale (which won't be until spring 23')

Haven't had a great chance to play games this month, only in small doses.  I liked what I saw but I also saw a lot of cut scenes and such which always frustrates me, even skipped.  Not bad enough where I wouldn't play a game because of them.  From the places I have seen the game discussed (outside of steam), actually have seen very favorable comments so I hope to play this along with a bunch more in the new year.