Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo B

we got a new press coverage Letter "O is for Obligatory Second Front video"
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/29/the-flare-path-a2z-14/

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jo B

While I'm coding the Scenario Editro, the Kettenkrad drives by.
Austrian woodworker vehicle.

Jo B

concerning the campaign
basically that is fighting with the same units over successive maps. There are mornings afternoons and the night.
the player can interrupt the fight (not necessarily at the end of the map) this leads to the next time of day. there is the possibility to buy supplies and logistics. a special infantry fatigue value (already built in) decreases with time. in the fight breaks the troops can recover. destroyed not burning tanks can be recovered. in the night one needs illuminants otherwise one sees nothing. has what to do with the darkness....

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Jo B on December 03, 2019, 04:33:21 AM
concerning the campaign
basically that is fighting with the same units over successive maps. There are mornings afternoons and the night.
the player can interrupt the fight (not necessarily at the end of the map) this leads to the next time of day. there is the possibility to buy supplies and logistics. a special infantry fatigue value (already built in) decreases with time. in the fight breaks the troops can recover. destroyed not burning tanks can be recovered. in the night one needs illuminants otherwise one sees nothing. has what to do with the darkness....

Interesting game.  It reminds me some of the Combat Mission games (IMO a good thing). 
Are the campaigns branching or linear?
Do you mean infantry fatigue decreases or increases with time? 
What does a player buy supplies with (Prestige etc.)? 
Do the maps have persistent damage? So if I fight on a map in battle #2 of the campaign is it possible to fight over that same map again later in the campaign and if so will it retain the damage from the first fight?
Sounds like the game has flares....... pretty cool.   

Jo B

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on December 03, 2019, 11:19:53 AM
Quote from: Jo B on December 03, 2019, 04:33:21 AM
concerning the campaign

Interesting game.  It reminds me some of the Combat Mission games (IMO a good thing). 
Are the campaigns branching or linear?
Do you mean infantry fatigue decreases or increases with time? 
What does a player buy supplies with (Prestige etc.)? 
Do the maps have persistent damage? So if I fight on a map in battle #2 of the campaign is it possible to fight over that same map again later in the campaign and if so will it retain the damage from the first fight?
Sounds like the game has flares....... pretty cool.   
So the campaign is currently being planned.
more complex variants than only linear are certainly possible.
there is also a very distant operational variant. but
that's really very far away.
fatigue naturally increases.
There are plans to buy konkete, but I don't want to go into more detail at the moment.
Recurring cards with permanent damage are feasible.
That would not be very difficult.
They are star shells and ilumination rounds, mainly from mortars.
Of course fire also illuminates. C:-)

MOS:96B2P

Thanks for the information.  It sounds like you're hard at work and this will be interesting to follow.       

Father Ted

Quote from: Jo B on December 02, 2019, 02:35:27 PM

While I'm coding the Scenario Editro, the Kettenkrad drives by.
Austrian woodworker vehicle. the Rabbit

76mm

Just found this thread, game looks awesome.  When will Kickstarter go live?

Jo B

Quote from: 76mm on December 04, 2019, 09:20:42 PM
Just found this thread, game looks awesome.  When will Kickstarter go live?
thanks  :)
need some more months for the Demo.

new tankers cap