Best Guys Movie

Started by GDS_Starfury, July 29, 2014, 09:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

I should have named the thread Movies that Guys Should Watch.

for instance...  if you haven't seen Blade Runner your opinion on any movie means less then zero.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 03, 2014, 09:10:05 PMif you haven't seen Blade Runner your opinion on any movie means less then zero.

the original or the director's cut?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

I prefer the original as it's more interpretive.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 03, 2014, 09:10:05 PM
I should have named the thread Movies that Guys Should Watch.

for instance...  if you haven't seen Blade Runner your opinion on any movie means less then zero.

Maybe not a guys movie but a great one none the less.  "Do I look like I'm ready for homework!"   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

GDS_Starfury

bob48

Zulu

Longest Day

Bridge too far
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Martok

You can suck my ridges. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Martok on August 04, 2014, 10:56:20 AM
You can suck my ridges.

really....

you have a Star Trek avatar and you've never seen Blade Runner?   ???

Martok

We already had this discussion (at some point in the not-too-distant past) regarding the classics and cult-classics I haven't seen, including Blade Runner, yes. 

There's no particular reason I haven't seen it -- I've no aversion to watching the film or anything -- it's just never happened, that's all.  I suppose it's a combination of my not having had a strong sci-fi "upbringing" (aside from watching Star Trek TOS reruns with my father), and that most of my offline geek friends are at least a few years younger than me.  :-\ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

I think there's some difference between watching classic movies when you're younger, and doing it today.

A few years back a buddy of mine insisted I watch The Warriors, because he said it was one of the most awesome movies ever made. I thought it was awful, though I took it way way too seriously when I watched it, and should not have. Still, it's not something I care to ever see again.

GDS_Starfury

but Blade Runner is still awesome to this day.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus