Civilization VI!!?!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^I am with you on that. Although Bart and others have said they got used to the Civ VI graphics after a while.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

They actually toned down the colour scheme with the last expansion. The graphics are still a little cartoony but not that bad after you play fer awhile.

And there are LOTS of mods. Some tweak the game, some change it completely.
My favourite is Yet (not) Another Maps Pack. It adds a truly giant map of the Earth with true start location.
There are AI mods, and more units mods, and maps galore, and etc....

In fact, on Steam you can go in to the Workshop for any game and look at all the mods available.

Moreb

QuoteIn fact, on Steam you can go in to the Workshop for any game and look at all the mods available.

Is there a way to do so for games not in your Library?
When dongles fly? - mirth

Barthheart

You should be able to. Try going the games store page in Steam and there should be a link to the workshop from there. If not go directly to the workshop and search for the game.
Not at my PC right now to check.

Anguille

Ehm...do you guys have some good advice? I have about 70 hours of gameplay with CIV VI so far but have still trouble to avoid too many dark ages (is there a list with all the things one can do to get points) and i have also trouble having a good overall score (the AI empires are always ahead). I don't feel like i am doing some bad mistakes but there's something i am missing. Thanks.

Barthheart

I don't know of any listing of the era points but here are some:

1 pt for every other Civ you meet, but not City state.
3 pts for every natural wonder you find first, 1 pt if yer not first to find it.
1-2 pts for first boat.
5 pts for first around the planet, 2-3 points if not first.
4 pts if first to meet every other Civ in game.
3-4 pts for building yer first unique unit.
3-4 pts for building yer first unique building.
2 pts if yer the first one to become the suzerain of a City state.
1 pt for each goodie hut you open.
3 pts for founding a religion
3-4 points for changing to a new government.
2-3 pts for winning a battle against a stronger unit.
2-3 pts for winning a battle with a Great General near by.
1-3 pts for earning or buying a great person.

Don't worry too much about your score vs the AI. Just by the Renaissance period you should have a plan for what type of victory condition you are going for and work hard toward that. Score only matters if time runs out.

Just found this too:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-16-civilization-6-rise-and-fall-era-score-historic-moments-golden-ages-heroic-ages-dark-ages-dedications-explained-5003

Oh, and this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/7w5m3a/ways_to_gain_era_score/

Anguille