No Man's Sky - Too good to be true?

Started by Jarhead0331, June 17, 2015, 09:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Hard to believe that kind of thing is posted because of the delay of a game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on May 29, 2016, 12:05:14 PM
Hard to believe that kind of thing is posted because of the delay of a game.

I agree. People who are so easily upset have no business interacting with anyone online. I remember how Johan Andersson received a number of death threats because of the delay of some sort with a Paradox title--possibly Hearts of Iron III.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tpek

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 29, 2016, 11:49:36 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 29, 2016, 06:17:59 AM
Wow....saw this at another site, but didn't realize the passion for this game...if this is real and not some kind of publicity thing, disgusting that people have resorted to death threats to the developers and physical harm to journalists covering the delay.....its just a game.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/736686755139719168
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/736151267215560705

The anonymity of the Internet drives all sorts of crazy and anti-social behavior.  You think anybody would post any of those things if their actual name and current town were required to post?

You can just google "Offensive comments to female sports journalists" if you want to watch a really powerful video on the topic...

Sadly, Facebook has proven this assumption to be false.
Even with their real names, photos and everything exposed, the idiots will still post things just as harsh.

Tpek

Btw,
The game's previously planned release date was around June 23rd, just when the Steam Summer sale is rumored to begin (and will last into July), and the game has been suddenly delayed around the same time the rumor popped up, into August (well after the sale ends)...

So.. am I the only one who can't notice the coincidence (even if it's just a coincidence)?

Capn Darwin

Tpek, It wouldn't be on sale anyhow. New releases generally are at full price.  :coolsmiley:
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tpek on June 01, 2016, 03:19:38 PM
Btw,
The game's previously planned release date was around June 23rd, just when the Steam Summer sale is rumored to begin (and will last into July), and the game has been suddenly delayed around the same time the rumor popped up, into August (well after the sale ends)...

So.. am I the only one who can't notice the coincidence (even if it's just a coincidence)?

Not sure why that would be related.....rumors started about the June sale in mid May and I am sure everyone knew there would be a sale around that time based on history.

Tpek

Quote from: Capn Darwin on June 01, 2016, 05:19:58 PM
Tpek, It wouldn't be on sale anyhow. New releases generally are at full price.  :coolsmiley:

It wouldn't.
But the Summer Sale would greatly impact the game's initial sales.

Releasing game around the same time Steam massively drops prices for almost all games, and the entire home page is dedicated to the sale,
makes this time a very poor candidate for releasing any game.

Tpek

Am I missing something?
Why are there scores of people complaining on the Steam forum that the game will no longer have MP (and the store page doesn't list MP, only SP)?

Has something changed or am I just that underinformed about the game?

jomni

Quote from: Tpek on June 17, 2016, 05:36:06 PM
Am I missing something?
Why are there scores of people complaining on the Steam forum that the game will no longer have MP (and the store page doesn't list MP, only SP)?

Has something changed or am I just that underinformed about the game?

It was hyped to have MP based on developer videos.  But they actually never shown MP.
They specifically stated all payers exist in the same procedural generated world but will rarely be able to meet each other.
Maybe they realised they shouldn't meet each other in the end.
That said, I don't really follow this game so I may be wrong.

panzerde

According to a posts on Reddit, just went gold. Officially complete, ready to go to distribution.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

So how many people pre-ordered or plan to buy on release Monday?  I am still on the fence...haven't really found any cheap or good pre order deals to really buy right now and a little nervous on how it turns out.  But have to admit, a little excited based on hype....

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Not going to lie, will be hard not to join the masses playing this next week...plus, I guess with Steam refund nowadays, not much risk...although if I do end up liking it, been a long time since I paid $60 for a game:)

Hofstadter

My pessimism says its going to be like elite dangerous, huge and pretty but no depth.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"