Microsoft to Buy Zenimax Owner of Fallout and Elder Scrolls Franchises

Started by Labbug, September 21, 2020, 08:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Time will tell if this is a good or bad thing.

If we get new single player Fallout & Elder Scrolls games that don't suck it will be a big plus.  Unfortunately, Bethesda has jumped on the MMRPG bandwagon. 

Gusington

^Yeah. I am hoping for a revitalization of single player games from them. Who knows what kind of influence MS will have on that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Yeah I'm on the fence with this.

MS basically killed Bungie but I will say their ownership is better than EA or Activision so there's that to consider.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

There was a story in the 9/22 Wall St. Journal about this.  This was an opinion piece and not a news article - but the WSJ is usually pretty well-sourced on business opinion things.

Their take was that the purchase was all about Game Pass - for both Xbox and PC.  They wanted a set of must have properties that would only be available if you purchased them individually - or had Game Pass.  They seem to think that single pass, subscription software is the way to go in gaming.

I have no idea what the actual outcome of this will be good or bad for the average gamer.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd