Spare a prayer for Andy, our theme music composer

Started by bayonetbrant, November 17, 2017, 11:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

His wife has been fighting breast cancer for several years now, and it appears as though they may be on final approach as he's taking FMLA leave from work through the holidays.   :-\

It's pretty tough for them, too, as they also have 3 teenage kids w/ various levels of autism / special needs.

Please give your loved ones an extra hug this weekend.
:-[ :'(
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Sorry to read this.

I already lost too many family members and friends to this terrible disease.

Staggerwing

They'll definitely be in my prayers.

Are there any plans for crowdfunded assistance?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 17, 2017, 01:01:38 PM
Are there any plans for crowdfunded assistance?

I'll PM you.  Anyone else that wants info, just PM me to ask
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I saw he posted an update recently that didn't bode well. I wish I knew what words to say to make this easier. Been through it with family members but not a spouse.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

latest update from Andy

QuoteWe are still with Teri, never count this woman out. It's a testament to how she ate and exercised, her heart and lungs have been so strong that she is still soldiering along. It is still progressing, but our nurse isn't making predictions anymore because Teri keeps proving her wrong. That's my girl :)

.... snip ....

I won't go into details about the stressful and scary things that have happened the last couple of days, but I wanted everyone to know that she is still with us, resting comfortably with the pain under control, is not scared anymore and is at peace with what's going on.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

From the sounds of Andy's latest online note, it could be this weekend that Teri finally passes on...

Sir Slash

Very sad news indeed. I lost my Father to cancer and in the end it was a blessing when he passed to end his suffering. A much better, and cancer-free, world awaits them on the Other Side.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MetalDog

May her passing be gentle and bring peace to all who loved her.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!