A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Computer Version)

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 30, 2020, 06:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I know this might not be for everyone, but computer version coming next week (Oct. 6th)..have seen it mentioned in some places the board game being pretty good so hoping the computer version turns out the same.  But to be honest, I would probably buy most things based on Games of Thrones anyway:)  I guess we'll see...pre purchase price is $15.99.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1075190/A_Game_of_Thrones_The_Board_Game__Digital_Edition/

LoganismyHERO

Zulu1966

Damn - I was hoping it was the tactical battles one.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

al_infierno

I suppose they'll release the expansion as a future DLC.  Will probably pick this up, depending on how good the AI is.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MetalDog

I own the board game (never had anyone to play it with though).  It seems from the video on Steam that it captures the flavor of the board game.  I am interested to see how deep it is.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Silent Disapproval Robot

I played a friend's copy of the boardgame.  It seemed decent but he screwed up the rules pretty badly (he does that a lot) and it meant my faction (the boat guys.  Greyjoys or somesuch) were completely hamstrung because he forgot to tell me about their special ability.

Grim.Reaper

we'll see how it goes....for only $16, not a huge risk for me to try it out.

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on September 30, 2020, 06:14:42 PM
I own the board game (never had anyone to play it with though).  It seems from the video on Steam that it captures the flavor of the board game.  I am interested to see how deep it is.

I own the board game as well and enjoyed it a lot.  I've only played it solitaire as like you there is no one near me who'd want to play this game with me. 

I'm definitely interested in the digital version and may pick it up.  You can also get this game as a workshop mod on TTS for free.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Crossroads

Quote from: MetalDog on September 30, 2020, 06:14:42 PM
That's us board gamers in one sentence, right.

I'd be interested to hear more about the computer version as well.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

I'm not even a big fan of GoT, and I wishlisted that immediately.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!