Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

The sequel has just been announced...looking great  :notworthy:

http://www.slitherine.com/products/product.asp?gid=651

IronX

Wow, I thought that was vaporware.

Looks like the same Slitherix engine is being used for most of their tactical games now.

Gusington

The screenshots are really impressive and it has tons of features. If it lives up to its lineage and the promise of the feature list it's going to be insane.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: IronX on June 13, 2017, 05:54:25 PM
Wow, I thought that was vaporware.

Looks like the same Slitherix engine is being used for most of their tactical games now.

I was thinking the same thing....the Pike and Shot engine is what it looks like.

SirAndrewD

Looks amazing.  Hopefully with Pike and Shot Engine being used it'll have a more enjoyable single player and AI. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Raied

Cant wait for this, the release is this fall, I am sure the fall of Rome and start of dark ages will follow soon.

Nefaro

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Anguille

Quote from: Rybon66 on June 14, 2017, 08:28:21 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 14, 2017, 06:04:57 AM

I played the crap out of this game.

Same here....and it's the main reason why i still have my desktop computer from 1995...

Destraex

Same. Still in high school when I got this.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on June 14, 2017, 09:33:05 AM
Same. Still in high school when I got this.

Yeah, every time I see Field of Glory I think of that game. 

How I longed for more battles.  I played the four that were offered until my eyes bled.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

I wish more modern wargames were like this old game. The only comparable thing I can think of now is ultimate general civil war. Scourge of War would be in the same category but unfortunately falls down in far too many categories including interface and graphics... not a graphics whore, but those scourge of war graphics are well below functional, I find it hard to look at and identify what is going on.