Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Aroused my interest is!  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Take my money!   :dreamer:

spelk

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 30, 2017, 10:48:23 AM
That looks 'Loin-Moistening' to me.  O0

After those screenshots one would need the Titanic to navigate my loins.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 30, 2017, 06:10:37 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on June 30, 2017, 10:48:23 AM
That looks 'Loin-Moistening' to me.  O0

After those screenshots one would need the Titanic to navigate my loins.

Nay.  A submersible.

CJReich46

:) Intrigued!

Can't wait to hear more.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

ByzantineGames

Quote from: Micha on June 20, 2017, 04:34:59 AM
Thank you for the offer, had help from different players without sucess. But maybe the problem is on me, i"m a nativ Panzergeneral player and PS is a different thing. However, i dont touch this game anymore. In anyway, a stratgame without hexfields felt always a little strange to me.

Hi Micha,

FOG2 has 6 levels of difficulty, and the default level (level 2) is easier than P&S. (Level 2 is equivalent to P&S level 1, and so on with level 6 being equivalent to P&S level 5). You should be able to find one to suit you. Failing that, in Skirmish mode you can set custom points totals for each side.

Also, in hindsight, we made the historical scenarios too difficult in P&S at the lower settings. We have not made that mistake in FOG2, but the 6 difficulty levels ensure that there will be an enjoyable challenge for players of all levels of ability.

Quote from: Raied on June 20, 2017, 01:02:14 PM
Hotseat is must for such a game, but for me I still need the PBEM system and I guess many would like it to be there as well, the time difference and little time to play make it difficult to play multiplayer in real time for long period, PBEM made me play a lot of multiplayer games without to be worried about those issues.

Hi Tpek/Raied,

The game does have a true Hotseat mode.

ByzantineGames

Duplicate post

jomni

Quote from: ByzantineGames on July 01, 2017, 07:41:19 AM
The game does have a true Hotseat mode.

+1  Makes testing out scenarios and situations really quick.

jomni

Boggit

Quote from: Nefaro on June 22, 2017, 03:59:48 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on June 22, 2017, 03:49:10 AM
Will this be DLC galore like the first title? I never jumped in cause I was late to the party and getting all the stuff turned out to be a much higher investment than what I was willing to pay.

The AI wasn't all that challenging in the first one. 

Then the pricey DLC started landing...

I enjoyed the original FOG, despite complaints.  But the very costly DLCs broke my will to continue.

I'm sure this new version, using this more successful engine, will be more to my liking... and hopefully more affordable in the long run.
I got my game and DLC in the Christmas sale. It's not perfect but is a very enjoyable game, especially multiplayer.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on August 12, 2017, 03:40:37 AM
Game modes
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=78643

The new campaign system sounds interesting.

I'd still prefer some kind of campaign map layer, but the previous iterations of such a thing, in this game engine, fell short.  Was still glad to have it, but it needed more. 

I guess they decided to go with the multi-choice branching campaign this time around.  Not normally my fave, but I'll be optimistic for a wargame covering a favorite era.